can I wash Ikea non-washable mattress covers?

(4 Posts)

Help... was thinking about running these through the washing machine on a 30 degree wash, but I've taken them off the mattresses and now spotted a washing label saying 'do not wash, do not dry clean, use upholstery shampoo' which is really irritating, as I do not have any.

So of course, I am still thinking maybe I can get away with chucking them in the machine... anybody got any idea? Thanks smile

I washed mine blush - I didn't read the label. They were fine - you can't tumble dry them though and they take an age to dry.

oooh excellent, thank you for that! That's just what I wanted to hear. Now let's keep fingers crossed for a nice drying day...

SparkyToo Mon 20-Jul-09 17:38:41

Sounds as if you need a washable mattress protector! .....Actually these are really washable mattress protectors (I have one of these on my guest bed - they dry easily in a few hours). I couldn't imagine protecting our mattresses with covers that you couldn't wash, surely that's the whole point of them, to pull them off, give them a hot wash every so often, kill off the dust mites and get rid of any nasty looking marks and pop them back on again looking all clean again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now