Why is the washing machine not using the fabric conditioner.. the drawer is still full after the wash??

(29 Posts)
Lulumama Wed 27-May-09 09:09:44

Have cleaned out the drawer which was a bit gunky, but it is still not working. have a warranty for the machine so can call someone out, but not keen on staying in all day waiting for the repair man

any ideas??

chantellejenise Wed 17-Nov-10 16:40:48

Well, sadly that didn't work for my machine but will still regularly make sure those holes are cleaned.
However, since leaving it this morning on a 90 wash with bleach! I've realised that it not only is not taking the conditioner, it is actually filling the conditioner compartment with water. So will carry on searching for advice but if it comes to having to pull the machine out and disconnect pipes or anything, I'm afraid I'm going to have to find a man! lol!

gillohare Sat 02-Feb-13 20:10:39

Mine was the same, the fabric conditioner draw was holding water and softener, take draw out, pull off the part that says MAX, look under inside the tube, clean out with hot waster and scrape the gunge with a screwdriver, it is this gunge thats is preventing the softener from overflowing into the pipe, put back together and it should work, Mine did smile

CarpeJugulum Sat 02-Feb-13 20:20:39

I stick my washing machine drawer in the dishwasher. I also do the bleach spray and then the hot wash.

But I find the dishwasher is usually the best for me... <lazy slob emoticon>

lfc84 Sat 11-Jan-14 21:41:35

quote=gillohare: "Mine was the same, the fabric conditioner draw was holding water and softener, take draw out, pull off the part that says MAX, look under inside the tube, clean out with hot waster and scrape the gunge with a screwdriver, it is this gunge thats is preventing the softener from overflowing into the pipe, put back together and it should work, Mine did smile"

This worked for me. I used a cotton bud rather than a screwdriver

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now