Curtain pulley system broken

(8 Posts)
LIZS Wed 07-Jan-09 17:29:45

When we moved in the original curtains in lounge were left. They are on a track pulley system but the house was painted before we moved in and I think the decorator removed them and did n't put them back correctly, as they have never drawn using the cord. What is the best way of establishing what is wrong ? We seem to have loose cords and the curtains get snagged on the track if we pull them manually so suspect something is askew or missing. It is a bay window with a window seat so rather awkward to look at in any detail.

HappyPSYCHOnewYear Wed 07-Jan-09 17:32:42

are there curtains up on the pole? if so, take them off to see, as you would have a better veiw. it might be that the cord needs rethreading thru (altho I have no idea how you would do that...).

LIZS Wed 07-Jan-09 17:38:59

It is plastic track rather than a pole - yes it may be best to take them off , maybe they've been hung unevenly or dislodged the cords. It is tricky not knwoing what system it is (Swish or whatever) so as to go and look at them in a store and get replacement bits if needs be.

rebeccabardsley Tue 10-Nov-09 07:28:05

Hi Lizs, we have the same problem - did you ever find a solution?

Lapsedrunner Tue 10-Nov-09 07:37:37

In my experience (and much frustration) I'm afraid to say it might be easier to buy a new rail.

rebeccabardsley Thu 12-Nov-09 08:56:53

Thanks for honest opinion!

Size6Feet Fri 13-Nov-09 19:29:11

I would recommend looking in yellow pages or the board at a local newagents for curtain maker or fitter. They usually have stock of parts for old and new tracks. They could come out and take a look to see whats wrong.

If its Swish Delux or Superlux then thats a great track and have parts still available, even for the older ones.

I'm sure its something quite simple - maybe the cord has come off the main centre glider that moves it back and forth.? Best of luck

crestfitters Tue 25-Mar-14 19:17:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now