Maybe TMI - There is a "number 2" in my loo and it won't go!!

(37 Posts)
chloemegjess Tue 01-Jul-08 09:40:07

Sorry for the not very pleasent thread! There has been a poo in my toilet for a few days now (although nobody will admit to doing it!!). It has been flushed loads but is still there! I have somebody coming round late afternoon and don't want it still there!!

My dad (sorry dad!) always used to do poos like this when I was growing up. We always called them 'dead otters'. He would come downstairs and proudly announce the prescence of a dead otter in the toilet.

pofaced Fri 04-Jul-08 14:45:25

Bucket of VERY hot water and flush. Repeat. Repeat...TMI but the hot water breaks down the fats... Gross smell though,,

And don't put extra loo roll in or it might overflow.....

squeaver Fri 04-Jul-08 14:16:18

Love the carrying the whole loo outside story.

I find an old toothbrush can also help in these situations.

bran Fri 04-Jul-08 14:11:38

LOL and yeuch at SheRa's friend's brother. grin Was he single by any chance?

SheRa Fri 04-Jul-08 14:01:44

My friends brother used to keep a poo cutting knife in his toilet brush container as this was a regular occurence for him.

Thankyouandgoodnight Thu 03-Jul-08 19:56:26

It sounds like the poo is at least very clean grin

giraffescantdance Tue 01-Jul-08 14:15:35

lmao at the type of cannal as annal wink

chloemegjess Tue 01-Jul-08 14:07:40

Judge - My batthroom didnt smell. Probably because it was under the water, in the u bend bit.

Funny story though!

JudgeNutmeg Tue 01-Jul-08 13:01:11

In our family, that sort of poo is known as a jacket potato.

When we were last on holiday in Spain, someone left a poo all day long in a non air-conditioned very hot bathroom. When we returned to the villa after a days lazing at the beach, the smell hit us as soon as we opened the front door. Cooked poo. shock

My ds discovered the culprit and shouted 'Mum, Mum, someones put a jacket potato in the toilet!'

We all had to inspect it and I have to say that I haven't eaten a jacket potato since.

chloemegjess Tue 01-Jul-08 12:34:03

Mary - I have no idea!

chloemegjess-what on earth can the poo-ee have been eating to make it so obdurate ?

grin chica ! we always love it when my cousin retells his poo story !

chloemegjess Tue 01-Jul-08 11:44:31

gumbo - the rest of the house is spotless. It has only been there for that long as nothing seemed to shift it. Its not like I left in there on purpose. I had tried boiling water, used a whole bottle of bleach, loo cleaner, sticks!!!! lol. And where else should I have posted??

It has now gone, hopefully for good!

MaryAnnSingleton, my dad once did a very similar thing.

We had arrived at a rented holiday home in France late at night, and just piled into bed.

In the morning, my dad went to the bathroom downstairs for his 'morning constitutional'. When he came to flush, nothing happened. He jiggled the lever a bit, lifted up the lid, no water. hmm

Then he noticed that the loo wasn't even plumbed in at the back!

In the end he carried the whole loo outside, to the end of the garden and tried tipping it out. No luck, cos it just got stuck on the rim.

Eventually he had to extract his poo with the aid of sticks and leaves!

This story has entered the family annals as one of the funniest things ever to have happened on holiday.

To OP, get an old knife or spoon, put the marigolds on, hold your nose and don't look, just stab and saw. Good luck grin

Gumbo Tue 01-Jul-08 11:36:16

A few days? shock

Are you sure this should be posted under 'Good' Housekeeping? hmm

FairyMum Tue 01-Jul-08 11:34:23

This is what coathangers are for. You need to mash it up if too big to flush.

Hassled Tue 01-Jul-08 11:31:23

I can't quite believe I'm revealing this but I have in the past (in similar circumstances)sawed a poo in half with one of the old gammy knives that lurk at the back of the cutlery drawer. That did the job (as it were). I promise I then binned the knife .

my cousin once did an enormous poo in someone's loo and went to flush it and found the water had been turned off - yak grin

BettySpaghetti Tue 01-Jul-08 11:10:29

What you have down your toilet is known in the trade as a "plumbers bonus" smile

bran Tue 01-Jul-08 11:07:36

LOL, this makes me think of an episode of Coupleing where one character describes another character's stalkerish ex-girlfriend as "an unflushable". grin

2sugars Tue 01-Jul-08 11:07:03

Loads of loo roll then flush?

louii Tue 01-Jul-08 11:04:38

Just get a toilet brush and move it about a bit, then put lots of loo roll down and flush away.

Psychomum5 Tue 01-Jul-08 11:02:40

<<lurking>>

me n flame both wondering how it could stay around for e few days......you are obviously far to hospitablewink

chloemegjess Tue 01-Jul-08 10:41:41

I had some people over in the evening, and then noticed it was there in the morning, and neither me or DH had used the loo, or he wont admit to it anyway!! It was stuck on the bottom

And no way am I poking it with my figers!!! Gloves or no gloves!

mellyonion Tue 01-Jul-08 10:36:33

good god...it must be some MASSSSSIVE poo!!!!! any inkling as to who it belongs to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now