How do you stop dark clothes being covered in white fluff from your washing machine?

(11 Posts)
HereWeGoRoundTheMulberryBag Mon 26-May-08 21:50:17

Message withdrawn

onepieceoflollipop Mon 26-May-08 21:51:26

Where is the fluff coming from as I don't seem to get this?

Could it be white residue from washing powder or is it definitely fluff?

FluffyMummy123 Mon 26-May-08 21:52:15

Message withdrawn

nannyL Mon 26-May-08 21:54:36

i never get any stuff on any of my washing

onepieceoflollipop Mon 26-May-08 21:55:22

Oh unless it is disintegrated tissues - dh is a pig for this - wipes dds noses and leaves heaps of tissues in his pockets.

HereWeGoRoundTheMulberryBag Mon 26-May-08 21:55:33

Message withdrawn

pavlovthecat Mon 26-May-08 21:58:35

HWGRTMB - mine has to be removed by a --greedy b-- engineer from the machine co too. Or another person who charges!

I get fluff, so its probably the filter.

In fact, you have just made my mind up. Seeing as my filter/heater has broken.

I am going to buy a new one tomorrow.

Its not a farking HOTPOINT is it? !

onepieceoflollipop Mon 26-May-08 21:59:37

Washing powder residue kind of looks like a white paste over some of the clothes, not usually loads. I tend to use powder, but if this happens I switch to liquid for a couple of cycles.

Oh and I give the dispenser drawer a good scrub out as well, take it out of the machine and scrub in sink.

Brangelina Mon 26-May-08 22:02:51

I use liquid and still get odd stains on dark cotton items, so it's not a powder vs liquid issue. Similarly, I get grainy grey bits on my white cotton. I've cleaned my filter, run an empty hot wash with just bicarb and vinegar, wiped the inside of my machine and the door seal, all to no avail.

My machine is an Ariston, is that the same as Hotpoint then? Is it a problem with their machines?

HereWeGoRoundTheMulberryBag Mon 26-May-08 22:09:12

Message withdrawn

TheGoddessBlossom Mon 09-Jun-08 20:42:08

put it in the tumble dryer. It will remove the fluff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now