best steam cleaner for all round use?

(32 Posts)
schneebly Tue 25-Mar-08 09:05:45

I would want to use it for kitchen, bathroom, windows and upholstery too maybe. I would prefer small price grin

TIA
x

OatcakeCravings Sun 09-Mar-14 19:19:55

I have a steam mop, a fancy vax one and a steam cleaner also a vax. I really wouldn't bother!

agedknees Thu 13-Mar-14 20:52:07

I have a shark steam cleaner. I have high gloss wardrobe doors. The shark just demolishes any finger prints etc. it's great for floors, bathroom, showers, kitchen cabinet doors. You name it, sharky can clean it.

Yes, I have a very sad life!!!

crismartin Wed 29-Oct-14 12:26:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

crismartin Wed 29-Oct-14 12:29:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WhoKnowsWhereTheSlimeGoes Wed 29-Oct-14 13:01:41

I have a Karcher, bought at a discount from their outlet website. I don't think it does a great job on my vinyl kitchen floor (I use a Vileda squirty mop instead which is much quicker and easier as well as giving better results), however it is great for getting right into the edges where the floor meets the units. Also great for general hard surfaces and especially tricky-to-get at nooks and crannies which you could spend hours doing with toothbrush and elbow grease. I mostly use the tiny round brush nozzle and you do have to wipe with a cloth as you go to mop up all the dislodged dirt, but use the mop attachment for the bathroom floor. I only use it about once a week at the most though, as you have to get it out, fill it up, plug it in, wait for it to heat up, then wait for it to cool down before emptying again and then putting it and it's accessories away, it's definitely not an every day thing for me, an ecloth and my squirty mop do all the quick jobs.

gamerchick Wed 29-Oct-14 13:04:50

I think personally they all do the same job. Some have extra attachments and some don't.

The only thing I would say is get one that uses tap water. Mine has to be distilled water which isn't the cheapest.

wanttosinglikemarycoughlan Wed 29-Oct-14 13:09:13

I've got the Morphy Richards 9 in 1
Its perfect for me.
I have just done the floors and bathroom
Its good for a greasy cooker top and windows
It costs around £70 I think but I got mine with tesco clubcard vouchers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now