Hotpoint Aqualtis Washing Machine - Help with cleaning the filter please!

(13 Posts)
Celery Wed 12-Mar-08 10:10:58

Newish ( a few months old ) washing machine is stinky. I need to clean the filter I guess. My old washing machine had a little door on the front at the bottom, which pulled out. This one doesn't and I can't find the blinkin' instructions anywhere. Can anyone tell me where the filter is on this machine please??

Celery Wed 12-Mar-08 10:46:25

bump, anyone please? It stinks!

Celery Wed 12-Mar-08 20:18:59

So, no one has any idea where the filter on my washing machine is then??

3madboys Wed 12-Mar-08 20:26:31

i have one of these washing machines, got it just after xmas, i will have a look for the book and see where the filter is

southeastastra Wed 12-Mar-08 20:26:42

i can't find it on my hotpoint either (sorry no help am i)

3madboys Wed 12-Mar-08 20:30:18

jsut had a quick look at the machine, does the bottom bit at the front come of do you think? otherwise it must be round the back which will be a NIGHTMARE for us hmm i will have to find the booklet, just found the one for my hotpoint tumbledryer, but not the washer........

I have this one is it the same one? If so the filter is at the bottom on the front. You have to pop the bottom part off.

oh the filters can be very tight, you might need a pair of grippers to get it out BTW.

3madboys Wed 12-Mar-08 20:34:55

that looks similar to mine only mine is white, the front bottom bit looks the same, so you take that off, i just tried and it seemed stiff but our machine is new and i havent done it before.

southeastastra Wed 12-Mar-08 20:41:43

mine isn't an aquarius but i took the bit off the front and undid the red button (with a big hand and electric shock pic on it). there was nothing behind it at all.

Celery Thu 13-Mar-08 07:53:18

Thanks everyone - so, the whole front bit comes off? Sorry, I'm confused!

3madboys Thu 13-Mar-08 15:38:58

i think that yes the long thing front bit comes off, it goes across the whole of the front of the washing machine at the very bottom. i havent filled with ours as it seems stiff and i still cant find my booklet hmm

Celery Thu 13-Mar-08 16:22:11

thanks 3madboys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now