Washing delicate clothes - bras, tights - in a bag?

(8 Posts)
HandMini Wed 03-Sep-14 13:37:20

Hi, I always just chuck my bras and tights into the washing machine with everything else. Yes, I am lazy and yes, this does lead to tights being snagged and bra hooks bending. So I am going to change my ways...if I do a delicates wash, with just my underwear, do I put it in a bag? If so, do I need a special washing bag, or will a pillow case do? What's the point of the bag? Enlighten me!! Thanks!

JimmyCorkhill Wed 03-Sep-14 13:44:10

I use a pillowcase. I just do a massive knot at the top and it works fine.

I use mesh bags. I just replaced mine today as a zip broke-got them in poundstretcher.

Thumbwitch Wed 03-Sep-14 13:59:12

I use the cheap mesh bags as well but always make sure that they're not crammed full - otherwise they don't get as clean as they could.

wowfudge Wed 03-Sep-14 14:17:00

I just put those items in washing bags in with the rest of washing - just stops them getting messed up and tangled around everything. I've been using them for years.

I dont do a special delicates wash but put the bras, etc in the mesh bag and put it with the other clothes I am washing

HandMini Wed 03-Sep-14 15:12:28

Sounds like I need a mesh bag. To Poundstretcher I go....

thanks MNers

iwantgin Wed 03-Sep-14 15:13:25

I also have the mesh bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now