diagnose my washing mashine please

(10 Posts)
mausmaus Sun 31-Aug-14 23:41:25

just back from a camping holiday (=loads of washing)
washer seems to wash normally, spin fine.
but the pumping bit and door release at the end is different. instead of a pump_pump__pump_ (rhythmically pumping) it pumps continually. and instead of doing the 'finished' beep and releasing the door it flashes some lights and keeps puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumping.

have cleaned the filter and found some treasure lime flakes and fluff and pulled the plug. plumbing seems fine.

mashine is a 7yo technik 7kg washer (kitchen company own brand, no manual and can't find any online)

thanks in advance!

mausmaus Mon 01-Sep-14 07:26:18

bumping before I put the first wash on

mineofuselessinformation Mon 01-Sep-14 07:52:55

Has it got a kink in the drain hose? Sounds like it's struggling to empty.

mausmaus Mon 01-Sep-14 07:59:19

washing comes out dry, well as dry as you would expect after a good spin.
no other funny noises apart from the pumping.
no leak.
will turn off the water and turn it back on before doing the first load today.

wouldn't mind getting a new washer, but would love to tackle this mountain of laundry first.

mausmaus Mon 01-Sep-14 13:21:46

bumpety bump

did a wash today, same problem as before, but wash came out fine.

mausmaus Fri 05-Sep-14 19:46:55

update: engineer couldn't repair as it's the control panel (200£ to replace) everything else is working as should.

will keep using it and have a look at mashines and buy if I come across a good deal (preferably bosch 7kg)

NK5BM3 Fri 05-Sep-14 19:48:44

Can't help you with diagnosis, but I've found buying from ao.com is great. Good price, quick delivery and I believe it's free delivery too!!

BerylStreep Sat 06-Sep-14 16:21:40

We have a Bosche Logixx 7/4 washer dryer. It is great, I would recommend it if you are getting a replacement.

gamerchick Sat 06-Sep-14 16:24:35

Did he or you unhook it from under the sink and check the part that connects it to under the sink?

mausmaus Sat 06-Sep-14 18:07:23

yep, it was taken out completely.

looking at the logixx, seems like what we want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now