Help - how do I rectify inside of bag less cylinder vax?

(6 Posts)
Samantha9136 Fri 29-Aug-14 22:16:10

I have been very stupid & need some help. Have been stripping the paint off front door using paint stripper then hoovered up the gooey mess without considering this would then stick to the inside of the bag less cylinder. What can I use to clean it? Currently soaking it in hot water. Feeling stupid sad

Dawnlight Fri 29-Aug-14 22:20:06

Sorry, can't help, but know exactly how you feel after using my dyson to Hoover up dry cement. blush

Samantha9136 Fri 29-Aug-14 22:25:51

Oh no did the dyson survive?

Dawnlight Fri 29-Aug-14 22:41:41

Yes, but it was never the same. Still have it though (for further cement type escapades); it's 20 yrs old now.

erin99 Sat 30-Aug-14 19:59:46

More paint stripper might shift the goo, though it might also melt the inside of the cleaner. You need something that the paint stripper/paint goo mix is soluble in.

You have my sympathy, i ruined our last vacuum cleaner by hoovering the faint remains of a vomit stain. Couldn't get the smell out of the hoover, it belted out vomit fumes every time it was switched on after that!

Samantha9136 Sat 30-Aug-14 20:40:16

Sorry but the vomit story has made me laugh out loud heartily! I feel a little better at least. My vax works but just looks rank!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now