Silent Microwave - No Beeps - Anyone own one?!

(12 Posts)
Mumonwheels Wed 27-Aug-14 10:22:45

Hi, I was wondering if anyone owns a quiet microwave which you can silence the beeps on? The kitchen is very close to where my little one sleeps and the beeps wake her up! I believe it is possible to silence the beeps on some microwaves but I am struggling to get confirmation whether this is just no beeps when you press the buttons or at the end of the programme too?

Many thanks, Fi

wowfudge Wed 27-Aug-14 12:08:53

Hmm - you can't really go tip-toeing round or she'll only ever sleep if there is total silence though, surely? Can you not shut the kitchen door or move where she sleeps instead?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 27-Aug-14 23:46:08

I'd love a silent microwave!

westcountrywoman Thu 28-Aug-14 08:55:37

Not answering your question I know, but how old is your LO? My DS was a dreadful sleeper and the slightest noise used to wake him up. Last year we moved to a bungalow where the lounge (TV) and kitchen (all kinds of appliances) are very close to his bedroom. He quickly developed into a heavy sleeper!
What I'm trying to say is persist, as she'll soon get used to the noise and it will reap its rewards long-term. A child who will only sleep in a silent environment is a nightmare all round (being on holiday, having company of an evening, neighbours in the garden during the summer etc).

RoganJosh Thu 28-Aug-14 09:00:53

Have you tried a fan in her room to mask the noise?
Could you use the oven and hob instead?
I'd probably just be sure to catch it at the end I think.
Sorry, not answering your actual question.

Gumnast2014 Thu 28-Aug-14 09:00:57

Is this your firstgrinsmile

RoganJosh Thu 28-Aug-14 09:08:48

They do start to sleep more soundly as they get older, so it's fair enough to want to remove stress right now.
A hum of chat is a bit easier to sleep through than an out of the blue beep.

lordnoobson Thu 28-Aug-14 09:09:42

Years ago I managed without beeps in washing machine. Dishwasher fridge tumble dryer. Now ALL OF THEM

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 28-Aug-14 11:13:19

SOME children develop into heavy sleepers, some definitely don't no matter what you do, so I think it's perfectly reasonable not to want something loud and beeping while a child is sleeping.

If you find one let me know! If I can't sleep and get up to make hot drink I'm always aware I could disturb the rest of the family.

May09Bump Thu 28-Aug-14 20:22:24

God I want all appliances not to beep - FFS who decided we needed this function on this stuff without the ability to turn it off> It is driving me bonkers - you have my sympathy.

HearMyRoar Thu 28-Aug-14 20:27:11

I hate beeping things, it annoys the hell out of me. I have a really cheap Argos value microwave. It's not silent but it just does a single ding rather then lots of beeps so not quite as bad.

MrSheen Thu 28-Aug-14 20:27:29

My microwave beeps 5 times. Arrogant tosser of a machine. Puts me off using it. I hover to try and pull the door open at 1 sec.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now