Neff Built-in Combination Microwave Oven C57M70N3GB - what can it do?

(4 Posts)
Thesunrising Tue 26-Aug-14 11:41:34

Has anyone got one of these combi microwaves please as I'm struggling to get my head round what functions it has and how well it actually works as an oven in addition to the microwave.

The Neff catalogue says it is primarily a microwave but useful for people who occassionally need an oven that can "recreate traditional cooking results"

I need a small second oven that can do the following:

* Microwave - check
* Grill - check
* Heat up ready meals - can it do this?
* Roast a tray of vegetables - can it do this?

I'm loathe to shell out an extra £300 for the next model up which is a proper oven with microwave capability, when all i really need is something that can grill kids dinners and deal with a few extras for large dinners, Xmas dinner etc.

Will this Neff combi give me the functions I need. Can anyone advise?

hwhite6 Thu 28-Aug-14 13:06:47

We've got a neff combi micro (came with the house). It can do more functions than I can shake a stick at!! (I don't know what half of them even are!) Yes it ovens too (done a reasonable banana bread/muffins in it), used it for roast veg/extra oven at Christmas time, haven't grilled in it yet. Mainly use it to micro & defrost.
It's got the Pyroclean though - now that is lovely! No more oven cleaning for me!!

NotCitrus Thu 28-Aug-14 14:45:01

I've got a Panasonic combi oven with grill. Thanks to building work I've had to use it as my oven for a year. It's pretty good - a bit uneven for baking cookies, but otherwise does all oven things well and heats up in 2 minutes. It's not the greatest grill mainly because the highest shelf position is too far away from the element, but I've had worse. It's actually least good as a microwave as it has no turntable and allegedly is still fine, but its defrost is rubbish.
I did a full Christmas dinner in it with great success (specified a roast max 6 inches high from the butcher!)

Thesunrising Thu 28-Aug-14 18:05:03

Super - thanks for these reports! Sounds like its good enough for what I need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now