New hoover needed

(12 Posts)
Unlabelled Mon 25-Aug-14 08:37:06

Looked at the Miele cat and dog hoover as we have cats, but really want either an upright or a cylinder with storage for hose. Anyone have any ideas? Not wanting to pay a fortune either! Thank you

Thumbwitch Mon 25-Aug-14 08:40:40

RUN to the nearest shop and buy something over 1600W before they're BANNED from the UK thanks to EU directives. There won't be many left! Or get a Dyson.
www.bbc.com/news/business-28878432

hollyisalovelyname Mon 25-Aug-14 09:12:29

The Miele Cat and Dog is brilliant though.

Unlabelled Mon 25-Aug-14 09:30:07

Yes I have heard the Miele is brilliant it's just the hose when it comes to storing it. Really want something tidy!

westcountrywoman Wed 27-Aug-14 07:33:58

The hose clips onto the side of the Miele cylinder models - two ways so you can either stand it up on the end where the plug comes out, or leave it in the normal position and clip the hose on the back.

Mine doesn't look untidy and really is a fab vacuum. Definitely look at the cat and dog version - we don't have pets but find the floor tool much better than the standard model for picking up fluff and bits on the carpet.

Unlabelled Wed 27-Aug-14 09:30:44

Which model is that Westcountry? I'm looking at the S2660, thank you for the info very helpful

westcountrywoman Thu 28-Aug-14 08:19:17

I've got a 5000 series one but as they're pretty much all the same shape, I imagine it applies to all. There's a hook on the back of the floor tool that clips into the body of the cylinder.

PigletJohn Thu 28-Aug-14 09:06:45

If you have a lot of downstairs carpets, the Miele upright is better, also for fleas and eggs, but more expensive than the cylinder.

Unlabelled Thu 28-Aug-14 10:06:13

Hi Piglet,

We have hardwood floors downstairs, carpet upstairs, I've ordered the Miele 8320 cat and dog so I'm hoping that'll will be ok, we have quite a lot of stairs so I figured a cylinder would be easier for those though overall I prefer an upright. Thanks for your input good to know!

PigletJohn Thu 28-Aug-14 10:36:11

It's the downstairs that gets dirtiest, so for the house you describe, I'm sure a cylinder will be very suitable.

nicola44 Sat 30-Aug-14 10:18:51

Only thing with buying a banned Hoover is, would you still be able to buy bags and filters afterwards?

AlpacaLypse Sat 30-Aug-14 10:30:13

How has this thread got to eleven messages without anyone mentioning Henry? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now