Lakeland heated Airers

(10 Posts)
kansasmum Sun 24-Aug-14 15:40:14

I see these are 20% off at the moment.
Am tempted but are they any good? Do things dry quickly? Our electricity usage shoots up in winter due to tumble drier usage and these apparently only cost 5p an hour yo run.

Opinions please. Thanks.

todayisnottheday Sun 24-Aug-14 15:48:12

My mum got one, it certainly isn't fast, seems to take a full night to dry a load. She's experimented with more ventilation, wrapping in a sheet etc to no avail. Eventually we sat and did the maths and worked out her (well rated) dryer actually worked out cheaper. I know lots of people rave about them but mum now uses hers switched off as a regular airer and uses the dryer when she needs to!

MotherOfInsomniacToddlers Sun 24-Aug-14 17:02:32

I've got one, I think it's great. Can be quick if you don't overload it, depends what you are drying tbh! I prefer it to the dryer as I don't like what the dryer does to clothes like shrink them. It also makes the upstairs of my house toasty in the winter grin

3littlefrogs Sun 24-Aug-14 17:06:55

I love mine.
I hang shirts etc on hangers between the bars, put all the small things over the bars and on the bottom section, then hang a duvet cover or table cloth over the top.

Everything dries beautifully over a few hours and the kitchen is nice and warm.

I have had it for about 5 years and wouldn't be without it. I hardly use my tumble dryer now.

Elizabeth22 Sun 24-Aug-14 17:12:53

Downsides to consider are that they take up a lot of room and also you may need a dehumidifier (read up on the effects of drying washing on radiators on your health).

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 24-Aug-14 17:18:25

My mum has one which she uses in the caravan awning. She says its brilliant but she didn't get it from Lakeland. It was a lot cheaper from a camping place.

tacal Sun 24-Aug-14 19:21:36

I have one and love it.

LL12 Sun 24-Aug-14 20:40:15

I love mine.
I put a cover over it and leave it on over night, it costs me 3 or 4p an hour to use.

LottyLikesWindows Sun 24-Aug-14 22:05:30

Absolutely love mine. Have not turned it on since April - clothes have been drying in it quickly during warm summer months. In winter I switch it on and it dries everything pretty quickly. It's been a life safer with copious amounts of baby washing :-)

kansasmum Sun 24-Aug-14 22:34:34

Thank you- the majority of you seem to think its worthwhile. Since it's 20% off at Lakeland over BH w/e I might give it a go. Things seem to shrink and not last when I tumble dry- probably my own fault!
Plus if it saves on my electricity bill that would be good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now