Best mattress choices

(6 Posts)
Freebirdy Sat 23-Aug-14 18:11:01

Hello!

Following on from the duvet thread... I'm wondering about a new mattress. Mine is about 10 years old, lumpy, and so uncomfortable. I'm not a fan of the memory foam ones. And I'm not a billionaire. What do people like? Which is comfy but not bank breaking!?

mummaduke Sat 23-Aug-14 18:18:07

Warren Evans, pocket sprung. Three levels of firmness, v simple. They always have sales/promotions on.

We have a 'Harmony', it's the firmest. It's like a hotel bed. Three years old now and like new.

geekaMaxima Sat 23-Aug-14 18:45:32

An organic natural fibre mattress of coir, plant latex, wool, and cotton, handmade in the UK by these lovely people. About the same price as a mid-range Warren Evans mattress.

They do varying levels of firmness. Ours is quite firm and it's bloody brilliant - very comfortable and it lasts years. It's breathable, so no sweatiness even in a heatwave (unlike synthetic mattresses, esp memory foam). And its structure means it'll never go lumpy. smile

Freebirdy Sat 23-Aug-14 19:51:19

Oh, geeka, I like the look of them. This sounds weird but I have a mild latex allergy. Do they smell like condoms? wink

geekaMaxima Sat 23-Aug-14 21:37:46

grin Not at all, no condom smell!

If anything, it had a sort of cottony smell for the first few days, then nothing.

peggylou1 Sat 23-Aug-14 21:42:04

I wouldn't buy a mattress online again after disappointing last purchase. I love memory foam mattress topper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now