Shower trap

(4 Posts)
HappydaysArehere Sun 17-Aug-14 10:55:56

Our shower trap is dirty. I always clean the hair out of the hair catcher and empty the plastic type cup which sits beneath but the inside is 'orrible. Please any advise for best way to clean.

Icelollycraving Sun 17-Aug-14 17:57:32

I remove any hair & general grot around once a week. I scrub the little cup & inside with cif. Rinse,big glug of bleach,rinse then zaflora. I use oil face cleanser & that can make it a bit manky.

PigletJohn Sun 17-Aug-14 20:49:45

if it is slime from soap and shampoo, pack it with washing soda crystals, moisten if dry, leave overnight and rinse with hot water next day. You can do that weekly. Modern shower traps often have a removable mushroom or hair filter so you can look down after removing it.

HappydaysArehere Sun 17-Aug-14 22:15:36

Thank you so much. Will try soda crystals and the cif. Will also get some zaflora. I use aqueous cream for washing which is also very greasy. Going to get soda crystals also as Our friend PigletJohn has advised for washing machine hygiene washes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now