My MOTHER is coming to stay!

(7 Posts)
JudysPriest Wed 06-Aug-14 15:36:41

Oh lord, this is the woman who cleans when she's happy, cleans when she's stressed and cleans where she's bored.

We have many pet and hobbies. I need an action list as apparently going out and buying the cleaning products isn't enough. angry

How do I make a messy lived in house look show room by Friday. I could just shove everything in the loft, but lets call that plan b.

JustSquirted Wed 06-Aug-14 17:14:32

Well, she obviously likes to clean things, so let her?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 06-Aug-14 17:26:22

Sorry for such a predictable response but please send her here!

JudysPriest Wed 06-Aug-14 17:56:15

Ah Just, even when we have the house looking brill (in our eyes) she'll start doing stuff. We'd rather she spent the time with us and her DGC.

WeAreAllStarDust Wed 06-Aug-14 20:33:00

I remember my mother giving me a bollocking about the dust under out bed. I was 6 months pregnant at the time. And 26 years old! Next week or so I noticed she had done it herself. But my DM is warped. I wouldn't stress yourself out over your home, a home should be lived in. And if she has a problem with it, well that's her issue. Not yours.

justanotherbiscuit Wed 06-Aug-14 20:53:26

Firstly get a bin bag and go through each room being ruthless and throwing out clutter that if you're honest is fit for the bin iletters, mags, packaging etc. I'm terrible for throwing them under the coffee table and kitchen drawers.Then repeat for anything fit for charity shops.
old toys and clothes take up the most in my house, one month I can shut the drawers/toybox next month I can't.

Then I write a list for each room and what needs done cleaning wise.

Then I tidy and change beds etc.

Now I've got two dc I havent got the space for visitors to stay grin . But I loved it when my mum and dad came, they used to get the house lovely for me .

JudysPriest Wed 06-Aug-14 23:17:59

Thanks guys, bedroom and living spaces done. Will do bathroom and kitchen tomorrow. DH bough me some flowers today so they'll make the place look nice too.

She's is just so exacting and cannot seem to fathom that anyone would want to live in anything less than operating theatre clean. Bless, I do love her, and I am so excited she's coming. I want her to chill and enjoy herself and I know she can't do that in a 'lived in' home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now