Dingy underwear - how to get them sparkly again

(5 Posts)
Grumpyoldblonde Wed 06-Aug-14 14:03:01

Hi there,
I expect this has been discussed before but I am between packing to go on holiday. Does anyone have a fool-proof method of turning undies back to white after they have gone that horrid chewing gum grey from the wash? I try to wash bras by hand to keep them white but obviously not possible with knickers, I have tried the in machine whitening sachets but they turn my things yellowy, any tips?
Thanks in advance, Grumpy

WeAreAllStarDust Wed 06-Aug-14 20:29:25

The best thing I found that took my now grey items back to sparkling White was a boil wash, Daz soap powder, and some white vanish. My boil wash is 95degrees so not really environmentally friendly but I don't do it often. And after the wash get them hung outside on a sunny day, let the sun help too !! Let me know how you get on. (On the bra front I just do them in a basin same method as above, obviously water not as hot!)

LuisSuarezTeeth Wed 06-Aug-14 20:31:45

Glo-white on a 60 degree wash, use bio powder, not liquid smile

Grumpyoldblonde Sun 24-Aug-14 11:29:22

Sorry not replied, been on holiday! great tips thanks, I shall give them a go, I did think a hot wash would make it worse tbh, but if it works for you I shall try, thanks again
grumpy

minkah Sun 24-Aug-14 11:41:00

M&S whites wash is really good.

If stuff really dingy, soak them in a bucket of mild bleach solution before washing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now