Had a brief look and can't find a recent thread. Best steam mop recommendations please ?

(9 Posts)
EugeneKrabs Tue 05-Aug-14 11:04:30

The X5 looks a bit flimsy and seems to have a teeny water tank.

I like the look of the Karcher mainly because we've got a couple of Karcher products and they've been pretty durable / good build quality.

Or the Vax ones ? Are they any good?

The house is fairly large with big rooms and I wouldn't want to have to keep stopping to refill the tank a lot.

Or maybe I don't need a steam mop at all? Maybe they're just a gimmicky gadget? Thoughts gratefully received.

EugeneKrabs Tue 05-Aug-14 11:24:14

I know it's boring, but no thought?

JimmyCorkhill Tue 05-Aug-14 11:31:05

I have this one. I really like it. It's so easy to set up and use. The water tank comes off so it's easy to refill and you don't need to wait for anything to cool down before you get going again.

Paddingtonthebear Tue 05-Aug-14 11:35:02

I've got a hard floor Vax steam cleaner and I thought it was great for months, until one day when I needed to wipe up something DD dropped on the newly cleaned floor and after one wipe the cloth ended up brown with dirt! I still use it but I think a good old fashioned mop does a better job!

People here rave about the morphy Richards one -

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/good_housekeeping/a2088874-i-have-found-the-holy-grail-of-steam-mop-contratpions-i-will-kindly-share

Queenofknickers Tue 05-Aug-14 11:38:44

A professional cleaner told me she swears by morphy Richards 9 in1 but I haven't tried it. Beware those you have to buy special water for!

The3Bears Tue 05-Aug-14 11:43:36

I have the X5 and agree it does feel flimsy, however I had a vax steam mop before this that was useless and I never used it as it just felt like a waste of time. Since getting the X5 I'm amazed how much more steam it produces and how easy it is to use compared to our previous Vax mop, I really would recommend it.

EugeneKrabs Tue 05-Aug-14 11:44:46

Thank you both.

EugeneKrabs Tue 05-Aug-14 11:45:00

All!

EugeneKrabs Tue 05-Aug-14 11:45:57

I will still mop and clean traditionally, steam wouldn't be the only method of cleaning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now