washing bath toys

(10 Posts)
4littleones Sat 02-Aug-14 08:43:37

we have tonnes of bath toys and they all need a good clean.

Any good ideas of the best ways of doing it?

my ideas are either fill the bath with some hot water and Milton.
or maybe the dishwasher. but the trays on mine have big gaps so it would all fall through and I cant think of an easy solution.

Ainmnua Sat 02-Aug-14 08:45:57

In a net bag/pillowcase in the washing machine?

Sunflower101 Sun 03-Aug-14 20:09:55

I did this job this week as the toys were black in the crevices!!
I put some hot water in the bath with some washing up liquid and used a washing up brush to clean them. It worked.

erin99 Sun 03-Aug-14 20:33:07

I used to do hot water, washing up liquid and milton, and a brush. Limescale remover on any crusty ones!! And a good rinse and dry in the sun.

Then I saw the light and 'decluttered' down to one set of stacking cups, which DC seem happy with.

cerealqueen Mon 04-Aug-14 21:50:05

Don't forget to squeeze and squeezy toys, and see all the black stuff that comes out <boak>

Hebburnisaplaceonearth Mon 04-Aug-14 22:08:15

Get rid of the toys! We have stacking cups and some stacking duck things, that's it. They're all cleanable. Kids don't seem to have noticed. No squirting ones- they are truly gross!

MrsS28 Mon 04-Aug-14 22:12:06

I've also binned the squirty ones! Bleach for the rest.

The3Bears Mon 04-Aug-14 22:54:58

I soaked mine in Milton and hot water for a few hours and they came up clean.

4littleones Tue 05-Aug-14 09:56:14

Fab thanks. The only squirty ones are the rubber ducks. I don't understand why they make them with holes in. Most of the bath toys we have are actually just normal plastic toys which work so much better as they don't go mouldy inside.

I am considering chucking the ducks. BUT the kids love them. We have them in different sizes so they play proper games with Mummy duck, Daddy duck etc.

bonzo77 Tue 05-Aug-14 10:01:57

Throw out all but the favourites. Fill the squirters with bleach and leave overnight. Scrub the limey ones with viakal or soak in white vinegar and scrub. I tend to get cheap toys and chuck them once they don't clean up easily any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now