Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Non bio powder/ liquid for coloured clothes?

(8 Posts)
ThePerfectNegroni Fri 01-Aug-14 14:58:18

I've realised my coloured clothes all fade quickly, despite washing on 30/40 (depending on label). I've looked at washing liquids for coloured clothes but they all contain enzymes.

Can anybody recommend something for sensitive skin which will stop colours fading?

ilovepowerhoop Fri 01-Aug-14 22:49:46

any non-bio liquid should work as liquids do not contain bleaches whereas powders do contain bleach whether bio or non-bio.

inmylife Mon 04-Aug-14 11:04:10

Ah the search for the holy grail…a non-bio colour detergent. There is one but not easy to find… its called Woolite Dark..used to be stocked at both Waitrose and Sainsbury,but now I can only get it through Ocado.

lljkk Mon 04-Aug-14 11:15:37

Optical brighteners not bleach is the problem, Ilove.
There are a lot of military family websites discoursing at length about this problem (e.g.), but I can't find one that is exclusively UK to link to. that list probably contains all bio-detergents, though, because only the UK believes in the Bio-nonBio distinction.

lljkk Mon 04-Aug-14 11:16:07

ps: we use Ecover liquid, for DH's DWR cycling clothes, no brighteners in that.

BatshitCrazyWoman Mon 04-Aug-14 12:06:00

I have lots of coloured clothes (obviously, I don't dress in head-to-toe white!!) and don't have the fading issue - I use Tesco's own colour detergent powder, or Aldi's colour powder. A washing machine engineer told me powder detergents were best for your washing machine, so that's what I use, rather than liquids.

Do you line dry? If you do, hang things inside out, as they could be fading in the sun.

lljkk Mon 04-Aug-14 12:29:35

Batshit, Op has said she doesn't want bio detergents due to enzymes (all "colour" detergents are actually colour versions of bio). They don't have brighteners or bleach, though, which regular non-bio does have.

ThePerfectNegroni Mon 04-Aug-14 18:25:50

inmylife thank you! That Woolite stuff looks just what I need in my life. And we use ocado too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now