steam cleaners

(5 Posts)
4littleones Sat 19-Jul-14 23:28:45

ive just bought a compact steam cleaner and want to start tackling the house with it. never used one before and would love to hear what everybody uses them for.

also, if your cleaning something like the carpet, where you dont just rinse it after like you could say a bath....where does the dirt go? Surely it ends up back in the carpet? as nothing is actually taking away the dirt like it would if you used a carpet cleaner? confused

Ladyboluna Sun 20-Jul-14 00:12:41

I think with carpet it loosens any dirt so you can then vacuum... not sure with that one.

I have Wooden floor all downstairs so after vacuuming it with my Dyson multifloor I steam the floor with the wipe thing attached. Gets off so much dirt. Also use it on the lino in upstairs bathroom.

I have a nossle that's great for cleaning windows too, also use the narrow one for blasting grout out of the tiles in the bathroom and around the taps.

I have 2 house cats so I love my steam cleaner as it's obviously chemical free!

4littleones Sun 20-Jul-14 12:36:01

Thanks smile

I really want to do the carpet cause it smells from sick and nothing else has got rid of the smell so far. have washed it with bowl of hot soapy water, shampooed it with the vax carpet cleaner, put netradol carpet power down and hoovered. smell is fading each day but I dont like the fact there must be stuff still in the carpet for the smell to last so long. sad
but I dont want to make it worse with the steamer!

4littleones Sun 20-Jul-14 17:58:35

nobody know about the carpets? sad

Wearegoingtobedlehem Sun 20-Jul-14 18:05:03

Funnily enough I steamed my hall and bedroom carpets today - in a bit to get them to smell a bit fresher and it is easier than actually cleaning the carpets. I am quite impressed with the results - it has got rid of the dusty/stale whiff that the vacuum wasn't shifting. I did then vacuum a second time also and it has bought the pile up nicely.

Good luck. Have you tried bicarb with the vomit smell?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now