'Magic' sponges

(11 Posts)
KillmeNow Sat 19-Jul-14 19:10:15

I bought a couple of these ages ago when they first came out. Little things they were, and seemed to crumble very easily when used. So I didnt really use them for much except a bit of a trial at this and that and gave up.

So yesterday I found a pack of six in Aldi and thought I would give them a go again.

Wow . They really are great things for lots of applications. This afternoon while waiting for the storm to pass over I have cleaned the hob and got off a couple of stubborn stains. Got old tea stains from the bottom crease inside mugs, Cleaned a couple of mirrors as quick as simply wiping a cloth over the surface and completely streak free.

And best of all I have cleaned the cheapo plastic venetian blinds that have not been cleaned since they were bought been annoying me for ages. Just a quick wipe across with the sponge and again with a dry cloth and bobs your auntie! I am very impressed and am looking around for more things to clean now.

KillmeNow Sat 19-Jul-14 21:02:07

Im feeling evangelical about these things.

Just had a go at a window sill that had lots of little splashes of emulsion all over it. Despite being cleaned many times the splashes remained.

So with just a tiny bit of elbow grease and a slightly damp sponge they have finally all gone. Plus ,the tiny scratches on the plastic have cleaned up so well they have all but disappeared.

foreverforaging Sat 19-Jul-14 21:04:37

I've got the ALDI ones and thought they were a bit crap actually. I won't be buying them again.

E-cloths are far more effective.

magicstar1 Sat 19-Jul-14 21:04:57

The Aldi ones are amazing...I use them for everything. A little tip is to cut them smaller so they last longer.

KillmeNow Sat 19-Jul-14 22:13:42

magicstar1 I have just cut one up but I think the smallness was what put me off the first ones I bought .

I will try with the small bits though now I know what to expect.

I have just stood at the back door getting a breath of fresh air and had a go at the grooves on the door frame. Very satisfying grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 20-Jul-14 00:15:41

They're great for cleaning the bathgrin

Artura Sun 20-Jul-14 12:44:06

Love 'em. Got rid of soap marks round the taps on the granite work top a treat. And great for cleaning electric hob. I got some on offer from tesco, think they were made by flash.

notapizzaeater Sun 20-Jul-14 12:48:29

I bought a huge (thinks 100's) of them from a Chinese web site. Going to try and do a link ....

www.aliexpress.com

They worked out at a few pence each with free postage.

notapizzaeater Sun 20-Jul-14 12:48:57

Wow, it worked gringringringringrin

magicstar1 Mon 21-Jul-14 12:16:55

Wow I just looked at that site, and it's offering me 200 pieces for $15 with free shipping to Ireland. Could that be right? Did you get free shipping to England?

notapizzaeater Mon 21-Jul-14 12:36:13

Yes, free shipping. I order loads of stuff off there, only had one thing go astray and they resent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now