cat poo...

(8 Posts)
cabbagedinner Thu 10-Jul-14 08:04:05

My Cat was left inside by mistake and he shat on a teddy sad, my dds favourite. Was a gift from gp years ago. I threw teddy into an empty plastic bag. Ready to go in bin as don't know is there anyway of cleaning it? Afraid I won't b able to replace it but not willing to take any risks either! Any ideas or just bin it?

TheSpottedZebra Thu 10-Jul-14 08:35:07

Oh, yikes. You could try washing, with disinfectant and washing at high temps etc - but I'm not sure i'd ever feel it was clean enough to be sucked etc.

Poor you, poor DD and poor cat too. Can your cat 'buy' a replacement for DD as a sorry present?

cabbagedinner Thu 10-Jul-14 09:14:00

Thanks spottedzebra, that's what I was thinking too. Don't think it'll ever be clean enough! Just don't think I'll find the same one.it's a few years ago, not sure where they even bought it. It's sentimental value too. Dp says wash it and pack it away till she's older. It's missed by Dd though.

Hoppinggreen Thu 10-Jul-14 11:28:01

I would give it a hand wash to get off all visible poo then chuck it in the washing machine in a pillow case.
I know you aren't meant to put teddies in ten machine but I've done it when it's being a chuck it away scenario.

CanaryYellow Thu 10-Jul-14 12:52:53

If you're going to bin it anyway, then I'd put it on a very hot wash in the washing machine. If it gets ruined then you haven't lost anything.

cabbagedinner Thu 10-Jul-14 14:32:07

Good idea, I've nothing to loose anyway,gloves are going on. Peg on nose. Handwash in disinfectant then washing machine.
If it works great,I'll pack it away til she's older.

wowfudge Thu 10-Jul-14 18:56:40

Use bio washing stuff if you have it - much more effective on animal smells.

cabbagedinner Fri 11-Jul-14 17:13:08

Scrubbed, with carpet shampoo, then soaked in disinfectant,then hot wash.sad
Still smells of Cat.
Going to hot wash again in Bio washing powder,thanks for tip wowfudge! Fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now