Yellow underarms help!

(7 Posts)
birdbrain21 Wed 09-Jul-14 15:36:19

I have quite a few white tops that are really old and the underarms have turned yellow. I thought this was just because they are old and have been worn too many times, so I treated myself to a new one a few weeks ago. I've only worn it a few times and I washed it on a 40 degree white wash after every couple of wears but the underarms look like they're turning yellow already.
How can I stop this happening? And even better how can I get the yellow stains out of the tops I already have? I tried soaking in a bleach solution and that didn't help...

birdbrain21 Wed 09-Jul-14 15:36:51

I've changed deodrant brands a few times but that didn't make any difference either.

Thanks

Memphisbelly Wed 09-Jul-14 15:46:00

Bumping as I come on to ask this, dh bought brand new cream tshirt, one wear on holiday and neck and armpits are yellow so I linked it to sweat not deodorant but I can't get marks out.

WastingMyYoungYears Wed 09-Jul-14 15:57:55

I think that spraying the underarms of tops with white vinegar before washing should help to remove deodorant + niff.

SunnyRandall Wed 09-Jul-14 16:05:09

White vinegar will sort it out.

greyvix Wed 09-Jul-14 18:23:08

Anther thread said Sanex deodorant prevents this. Drying in the sunshine also helps in my experience.

birdbrain21 Thu 10-Jul-14 13:48:19

Thanks will try some vinegar. How can I stop it going yellow in the first place?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now