Housework hacks?

(4 Posts)
DragonFlyx Wed 09-Jul-14 13:52:07

I love little housework hacks, sometimes when im in the mood for it, ill gut the whole house, polish, wash, hoover, tidy and dust. other days when iv been working late the night before, not so much in the mood.

My little hacks ;
i use Pledge polish on my black kitchen tiles, scrub/buff with a microfibre clothe and voila, nice, mirror shiney tiles! I do them once a week or so.

shake + vac on the fabrick sofas when giving them a good hoover, makes them smell looovely!

Clothing conditioner + water in a spray bottle, makes a lovely, super cheap air freshner. i spray it on the rugs, sofas, cushions, curtains, anything fabric-y, especially in the winter when the heatings on, smells lush!

white vineger to clean stained tea spoons and other dirty metal - brings up the kitchen sink lovely! & its super cheap!!

anyone else with their own house work hacks?

Mammuzza Wed 09-Jul-14 19:58:12

Clothing conditioner + water in a spray bottle

I tried that one, but I think it may have made my sofa more dirt magnetty. And it took ages to dry <may have gone OTT emoticon>

My fave is the bicarb and vingar scrub for the inside oven door. Got all the crap off in no time. Very satisfying.

FatalCabbage Wed 09-Jul-14 20:14:20

Dishwasher tablet, dipped in water, rubbed on to oven doors. Magic.

Mrsgrumble Wed 09-Jul-14 20:17:02

Colour catcher sheets are great for getting a larger load of washing done.

Spray bleach mugs - quicker than Milton

Throwaway wipes all the way for me now

To let's for bleach in the toilet in the cistern

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now