Laundry- how to make clothes lovely soft and bouncy?

(8 Posts)
Toots38 Wed 09-Jul-14 13:41:58

What do you use to make your clothes soft and lovely? Ours always end up crispy and a bit faded. I use non bio powder and comfort/ lenor. Any tips or brand recommendations would be great. DP and DD have sensitive skin.

Gerty1002 Wed 09-Jul-14 14:14:37

I have just started to use about half the recommended amount of powder and softener and press the extra rinse button. It has made a big difference. Regular service washes.for the machine are essential.

Mammuzza Wed 09-Jul-14 19:44:33

<anti aga spam bump>

combust22 Wed 09-Jul-14 19:59:34

Dry outside, the wind softens clothes better than any fabric softener.

tryingtocatchthewind Wed 09-Jul-14 20:00:22

Mines the same, crispy and grim. Looking forward to the answers. Anyone dry with a tennis ball or whatever it is, does that help?

I don't use softener on my towels, but they are soft because they either get line dried on a breezy day or they go in the drier. Hanging them an airer indoors just makes them crispy. We also use half the recommended amount of detergent, but I don't know if that helps.

PigletJohn Thu 10-Jul-14 21:14:08

yyy to line or tumble drying.

don't use excessive soap or fabsoft, they both leave remnants even after rinsing. "A bit extra" is bad, not good.

Use washing soda crystals which help soap to dissolve and wash away better.

If you can afford it, and have room, a water softener will make such an improvement that you will probably never want to be without one. Ask people with one.

Icelollycraving Sat 12-Jul-14 11:08:53

I use persil colour for everything except whites,bio persil for that with either fairy/comfort fabric conditioner.
Line dry most things & tumble dry all towels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now