Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Mattress toppers

(12 Posts)
Rokerwriter Tue 08-Jul-14 21:21:58

I've just bought a new mattress, a very firm one because DH is in hospital with a fractured pelvis and he'll need a firm mattress when he comes home. The only thing is, I am just finding it too firm.
It might soften up and I might get used to it but I think a mattress topper might help. Whenever I've slept on memory foam, I like it but it makes me extremely hot, and if already get very hot in bed with nature's help.smile
Can anyone recommend a mattress topper that's comfy but won't get me overheated.

sacbina Wed 09-Jul-14 07:27:07

we got one after dh was ill and needed a softer mattress. I can't think what it was called or where it was from, although definitely online somewhere. but it definitely wasn't memory foam having read all about it and knowing that it was terrible for making people too hot.

a quick google will probably find the references we did. It was some kind of natural fibre but can't think what, sorry

Rokerwriter Wed 09-Jul-14 13:12:42

Thanks sacbina

Optimist1 Wed 09-Jul-14 13:19:09

I bought this one a month or so ago, Roker - it's very comfortable on my new firm mattress. Not hot, stays nicely in place, all in all A Good Purchase.

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 09-Jul-14 13:24:28

For DS1's bed i've trippled over a spare super king duvet under a matress protector and then sheet. Its worked well and makes the bed much softer.

DH and I have an Ikea one thats lovely but I think its a memory foam mix.

sacbina Wed 09-Jul-14 14:39:05

natural latex keeps springing too mind, although not 100% sure of that

MrsHoolie Wed 09-Jul-14 14:40:43

Dunelm mill,the teddy bear mattress topper. So soft and feels just like...a teddy bear!

NapoleonsNose Wed 09-Jul-14 14:56:30

I recently got a thickish (a couple of inches) memory foam topper for our really hard mattress. It is so comfy that its a real struggle to get up in the morning. I agree that it is a bit hot, but I've put on the thin summer duvet and its fine now.

Mammuzza Wed 09-Jul-14 19:43:22

<anti aga spam bump>

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Wed 09-Jul-14 19:46:26

If you're going for a quilted padded one, like the M&S one, have a look in TKMaxx

quietbatperson Wed 09-Jul-14 20:17:19

Ikea have a very good latex one, but it's pricey www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20188478/#/00188479

xxreeldancerxx Wed 09-Jul-14 20:33:16

Pity you had already bought new mattress or I would have recommended the one we purchased recently from the Octaspring range .... It's memory foam on a new level and is made in such a way it keeps you cool so no overheating .... Can't recommend it highly enough grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now