Plumbers and washing machine help

(2 Posts)
Scarletohello Tue 17-Jun-14 18:13:30

Ok so I am currently living in my elderly parents' home. My poor mum only had a twin tub and now I am looking to get a proper washing machine in the house. There is obviously no plumbing for a washing machine so my question is, should I get whatever plumbing work needs doing before I buy a new washing machine or should I buy one and then get the work done ( and get the plumber to plumb it in)

Also, any idea about how I go about choosing a decent machine? Only want to spend aprox £200 and don't have a big family to wash for so just need a small ( not a lot of space) but reliable machine.

Any help gratefully received as not had to do this before and am a bit clueless! smile

wowfudge Tue 17-Jun-14 20:53:57

Get the plumbing done ready them when you get the machine it isn't sitting there useless waiting to be plumbed in with the warranty period ticking away.

Would an automatic go where the twin tub is currently stored? If so your mum can keep the twin tub and use it until the new machine arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now