If you have a shower tray

(8 Posts)
snoggle Tue 17-Jun-14 09:12:09

How do you keep hair out the drain?

We've only ever had showers over the bath before, and I have used the little strainer things to keeps my hair from clogging up the plug hole.
New lovely shower cubicle, and it has a drain with a sort of flat round plate over the top, with a round post inside that goes down the hole and I'm not sure how to stop hair going down it?

Or does it all just get entangled round it?

OriginofSymmetry Tue 17-Jun-14 09:15:15

On mine, you can pull the silver 'plug' bit out and clear the hair from it. Yuk. I think that's the case with most. There's a plastic trap bit underneath that stops hair etc going all the way down the drain.

snoggle Tue 17-Jun-14 09:21:30

Yes I think that's probably the same, but I can imagine that being a fiddly manky mess to deal with after a bit. With the strainer thing I could just wipe it out after a shower, not another horrible cleaning job to remember to do....

Someone needs to invent something? smile

OriginofSymmetry Tue 17-Jun-14 09:24:51

Yes it is fiddly/manky! And it hurts my
fingers pulling the bloody thing out. But I'd still rather have my lovely shiny new shower cubicle than ancient shower-over-bath with mouldy shower curtain sticking to my arse grin.

snoggle Tue 17-Jun-14 11:14:22

Oh you are so right there. A small price to pay to not be attacked by the shower curtain or have to fight through the bath toys to get in grin

douchbag Sun 22-Jun-14 09:15:48

Squirt a cheap hair remover cream on the plug hole and it will dissolve it all

betold Sun 22-Jun-14 21:53:31

I pulled the shiny cover off any put the strainer thing into the hole. I couldn't cope with pulling the hair from the hole after I did it when we moved in and removed the previous occupants hair! confused

BertieBotts Mon 23-Jun-14 08:22:12

Hair remover for legs etc works. Stinks but works. Squirt/smear it on and leave for an hour or two or longer, then blast it with hot water. It just drains right away smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now