How much for a professional carpet clean?

(13 Posts)

I've been quoted almost £500 today. Not for a mansion but for a small 3 bedroom semi.
It can't be right can it?? It's would be cheaper to re carpet part of the house!

Thinking of buying a steam cleaner or something instead. Not sure about rug doctors as one sucked up our old carpet and stretched it. Our carpets are pretty new but have suffered a bit cos of the rain and our old cat.

Any recommendations please?

crashboombang Mon 16-Jun-14 21:53:19

That's ridiculous we paid £80 for a 2 bed empty house. I'm getting them in go quote for my 3 bed to be cleaned once potty training finished. Although I only want the lounge, hallway and stairs doing this time.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Mon 16-Jun-14 21:55:15

Ouch!! We just paid £175 for hallway/stairs, 2 bedrooms, 2 large rugs and 2 large sofas.

He told me he'd be crawling round with a uv light to find all of the spots our cat had an accident and he has rave reviews locally, but still!!

£200 is more of what I was expecting. Not £60 a rug. Our rugs aren't even worth that much!

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Mon 16-Jun-14 22:14:06

Think it's time for another quote!!

NCISaddict Mon 16-Jun-14 22:23:01

£100 for a three bedroomed house a month ago, he dropped it to £80 when he realised the house was empty.

Think you are right TeenageNinja! It's either that or get a bissell or similar.

Of course he spoke about all of the other inferior companies who would give me cheaper quotes and what he said he'd do sounded amazing but it couldn't be that amazing if he could do it in half a day.

So he's having me on, it's not realistic is it?

didireallysaythat Mon 16-Jun-14 22:59:41

I got three quotes before we moved in - average 4 bed house, two reception rooms plus landing and stairs. All around the same price of £350-400. That's after the discount for completely empty rooms. I didn't do it. I'm in the (south) east.

crashboombang Mon 16-Jun-14 23:37:51

I'm Sw

I'm in the south too, didI yours sounds more in the ball park. His proposal was to leave the heavy furniture and do round it, but he would move sofas. Us to remove anything else we wanted to.

I think I'll get another quote or two and see if its normal for round here and see if he's having me on about the other companies.

EmGee Thu 19-Jun-14 20:46:16

I paid 50 quid to have the two bedrooms done in the house I let (in the NE). Bedrooms are about 11 or 12 m2.

We've decided that we aren't actually that fussed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now