spray bottles for disinfectant?

(7 Posts)
4littleones Mon 16-Jun-14 11:33:02

I've always used disinfectant that you dilute at home because it's so much cheaper. used to use dettol etc but now trying zoflora.

but whatever brand I've used iv had the same battle that the spray bottles keep clogging up or breaking etc. I bought a heavy duty one off amazon which worked but only did a single line spray so not really suitable for general household cleaning.

am I missing something really obvious? I'm fed up of battling with it and just want something that will work. hmm

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Mon 16-Jun-14 12:07:38

Could you get a cheap bottle of disinfectant spray and then reuse that bottle? It's worked quite well for us.

Leviticus Mon 16-Jun-14 13:37:37

Hozelock. Very sturdy, adjustable spray and not expensive. I use mine for diluted disinfectant too and it's been great. I got mine from Wickes.

casparthecat Mon 16-Jun-14 15:48:44

Can you not buy a bottle of spray cleaner and refill that?

I've put some in an old Flash Cleaner with Bleach spray bottle which works really well. I've never had any success with those water spray bottles you get at the garden centre.

4littleones Tue 17-Jun-14 23:25:03

it's the spray bottles from cleaning products I had been trying to reuse but they all clogged up after a short period of time. The only ones I bought empty was the last one when I thought I was being clever ordering a heavy duty one off amazon.

I will give the one mentioned above a go through, hopefully I can find it on amazon as not likely to get a chance to go out shopping for one over the next few days/weeks

casparthecat Wed 18-Jun-14 09:19:58

No problems with this bottle.

PoppyAmex Wed 18-Jun-14 21:34:30

I also use Zoflora for the kitchen and vinegar + eucalyptus oil for highchairs, etc. and I reuse Ecover spray bottles. never had one fail on me yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now