How clean s your home / housework routine

(24 Posts)
Sunshine1991 Fri 23-May-14 23:51:06

Hey just wondering if anyone wanted to share .please no bragging as well !! My home isn't perfect but not very dirty .
Monday wipe bathroom and kitchen vac everywhere washing
Tuesday same as above but with getting shop as well
Wednesday same as Monday and batch cooking
Thursday same as Monday and clean microwave fridge doors
Friday Same as Monday dust everywhere
Saturday change bedding , wash playmat blankets rugs kitchen and bathroom get a deep clean . Order shopping
Sunday . 2 big task such as windows, cooker degutter of bedrooms cupboards etc . Can't wait to see other people's routine .

Geraldthegiraffe Fri 23-May-14 23:56:41

Er....

Mon/tue/etc as little as needs doing...
Someone coming over - mad clean smile

do you really hoover every day?
and dust every week?
oh dear!
I washed some clothes today and put the dishwasher on - does that count?

Sunshine1991 Sat 24-May-14 00:04:11

Hmmm feeling like a insane cleaning women now .... But my house never seems clean enough

ForeskinHyena Sat 24-May-14 00:05:48

"Can't wait to see other people's routine"

You need to get out more!

Geraldthegiraffe Sat 24-May-14 00:11:12

Have you been on that programme where they match an extreme cleaner with someone really messy. I can't remember what its called!

ThisBitchIsResting Sat 24-May-14 00:13:05

Just hahaha at this.

I read Monday, thought ok , then the rest and thought wtf?!

Mon - Cook food, do dishes, put a wash on, hang it up

Tue - as Mon

Wed - as Mon

Thur - my day off work - clean bathroom, change sheets and towels

Fri - takeaway

Sat and sun - as little as poss

Guests days - dust, hoover, random cleaning of windows etc

LegoCaltrops Sat 24-May-14 00:17:11

Monday wash up, put laundry on & hang up, clean kitchen, go to work in the afternoon.
Tuesday same as monday.
Wednesday at work all day, usually cook dinner when I get home though.
Thursday make bread, do about 3 load of dishes, laundry & hang up (2 loads if it's hot weather), clean kitchen. Go to work for a couple of hours in the afternoon.
Friday go to work in morning, take DD to playgroup on way home from work, clean kitchen.
Saturday gardening & my allotment, laundry, dishes. Walk to supermarket for shopping.
Sunday day off but I usually do some cleaning! I usually also make bread on Sundays, or do some batch cooking.

I'm trying to get round to at least a couple of the less regular household chores each week, I deep cleaned the disgusting black mould off the bathroom windowframe this week & had a go at the grouting.

I am looking forward to DD starting nursry in September. DH does the vacuuming a couple of times a week, & takes out the bins. He's a fulltime student.

Sunshine1991 Sat 24-May-14 07:58:31

There's no need to be mean to me I take pride of my home . Have you met anyone with OCD it's a illness that kills so don't throw it about so freely www.ocduk.org/ here's a link to what OCD is really about

Geraldthegiraffe Sat 24-May-14 09:28:50

I wasn't being mean, I was being serious in a jokey way. I was hoping you were just very keen on cleaning but wondered if there was more to it than that. If you're aware of ocd and if you have it you're probably aware that someone with ocd might well have a different cleaning routine to others.

I think theres a few different programmes but the one I saw matched someone often with ocd with someone else and they looked at some of the reaaons behind it and challenged the assumptions. Theres another one where they take people around and measure germs in a house but I cant remember that one. Ive only seen them in passing but they did address the thought patterns behind it.

I didnt at all want to jump to assumimg you had ocd.

Lanabelle Sat 24-May-14 09:49:14

Haha, the bare minimum, hoover 2 or 3 times a week, sweep and mop kitchen every day or two, do the bathroom one a week (usually after an bath or something) dusting..... ummm get back to that, washing, shoved between washing machines and tumbledryers during lunchbreak from work, ironing NEVER!! (if it needs ironing then I don't buy it) dh can iron his own shirts, do dishes everyday etc. houseworkaphobia I call it

Sunshine1991 Sat 24-May-14 12:21:28

That's fair enough my mum has OCD so in a way I must've learned/ copied her and it has stayed with me I clean to relax weird I know it's like some people relax with wine tv or yoga I relax with cleaning I can leave it it dosnt take up a lot of my time so what's the harm ....

CremeEggThief Sat 24-May-14 13:25:28

Why do you need to deep clean the kitchen and bathroom, if you give them a quick clean every day?

Mine is: I dust, clean mirrors and screens and clean bathrooms and vacuum upstairs once a week, usually on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon. I vacuum downstairs and mop usually on a Thursday afternoon. Sometimes I vacuum downstairs twice a week. I do 4-6 loads of washing a week. I only do the fridge every couple of months, as I wipe up any spills as I go; oven and windows two or three times a year and kitchen cupboards annually. Works well for me.

whereisshe Sat 24-May-14 13:38:39

I hate cleaning so I outsource it. I love our cleaner and hope she never leaves us!!

mrsmopps Sun 25-May-14 17:08:15

I dust, wipe round bathroom and kitchen and mop kitchen floor every day.
hoovering every second day.
washing, ironing when it needs done

Monica101 Sun 25-May-14 17:20:58

Every day: Put a wash or two on. Tumble dry that washing. Stack the dishwasher and put away. Hoover Living room, hoover hallway, make beds, cook dinner, clean kitchen surfaces. Then one other random job such as clean window sills etc.
I clean bathroom every other day.
Every week I clean skirting boards in one room.
I will occasionally have a big blitz on all the other little jobs I miss.

Mrsantithetic Sun 25-May-14 17:53:53

I Hoover downstairs daily and mop the floors daily (small downstairs, grubby toddler, wood floor)

I clean the bath sink and toilet daily

I dust, change beds, Hoover upstairs, mop upstairs weekly.

Do washing and put away every day or every few days dependent on weather and amount to wash iron as needed.

Ahem skirting boards and windows not so much. Maybe yearly except the ones toddler touches which I need to do more often.

EnlightenedOwl Sun 25-May-14 21:09:23

put a wash on most days and iron anything that needs ironing once it dries to keep on top
Kitchen gets wipe down every day as does bathroom (bathroom/kitchen deep clean once a week) so that would include tops kitchen cabinets, bathroom tiles etc
Dusting once a week inc sideboard/dining table/living room/bedrooms
hoover two or three times a week mop regularly just depending on how mucky floors get
try and do windows at least fortnightly including glass in doors etc.
wipe down woodwork about once a month though stair rail gets a wipe every week
beds done every week (hot days sheet change mid week)
oven try and do every month

littlegreengloworm Sun 25-May-14 21:14:31

Er, I clean everyday but don't have a set day for things (good idea though)

On Sunday I make extra dinners so frees up Monday when I wash, iron etc
Tues I cook a lot for the freezer

I change bedlinen on Friday and wash and tumble dry and get dh to put it back on

Most days I give a quick hoover, mop floor (spot clean if I can get away with it) wipe surfaces

Today I deep cleaned the whole house - descaled shower, scrubbed bathrooms etc. most Sundays I deep clean something if I can though I am slowly learning to delegate. Dh had been given the job of oven cleaning tomorrow evening. This is relatively new and every bit helps.

I throw on a wash most days.

littlegreengloworm Sun 25-May-14 21:16:45

The jobs I do on Sundays tend to be carpet mousse the stairs and scrub or declutter or clean fridge or under beds or skirtings. Not all at once grin

I so get away with a lot during the week.

Burmahere Sun 25-May-14 21:21:45

Gawd you are all making me feel tired and very lax.

Am definitely not really into cleaning although I do love a clean house. I cannot imagine having set days to do stuff, I would feel as though my life were stretched out in front of me in some interminable horror of housework grin!

hedgetrimmer Wed 28-May-14 15:32:33

i do 6 loads of washing a day,that has to be dried and put away.

i sweep and mop downstairs every day

i hoover upstairs every other day

i clean bathroom and downstairs loo every other day (but toilet everyday)

kitchen-dishwasher is on at least twice a day and i wash up and wipe surfaces as needed.

i change the sheets about once a week.

i have 5 kids,2 in cloth nappies.

shopping comes on a sunday morning.

Sonnet Wed 28-May-14 21:09:42

House cleaned once a week (hoovered, dusted, floors wShed, kitchen, bathrooms and down stairs loo)

Daily, dishwasher on and unloaded
Bins emptied, one wash on dried and put away. Swish and swipe of kitchen, loo ,bathrooms

Beds changed weekly
Towels twice a week
Ironing done twice a week

Inside windows and inside paintwork cleaned once a month

Floors swept and hoovered as necessary

Viviennemary Sun 01-Jun-14 19:58:18

Gasps with admiration then faints at hedgetrimmers routine. My routine is yelling this house is a tip. Doing a bit of cleaning and taking a couple of things to a charity shop and then a few days later go back to step one. I wish I had that magic routine and motivation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now