those electric boiled egg machines

(13 Posts)
abbiefield Mon 19-May-14 14:26:03

I know many may not see any value in them over a pan of boiling water and a egg timer, but I want one. So, if anyone has any suggestions as to which is a good one, I would welcome it.

I do need the machine to have auto switch off and a buzzer or something to sound in case I am doing something somewhere else.

Thanks.

CarolBornAMan Mon 19-May-14 14:31:31

I had the lakeland one and loved it - dont let anyone tell you they are a useless gadget - they are fabulous for generating the best boiled eggs with no fuss - mine had an alarm and would turn off ..

abbiefield Tue 20-May-14 05:54:08

Thank you for that. I looked at Lakeland but they do not seem to have one.

I was looking at the Andrew James , Wahl (which is only a boiler not a poacher but I want it mainly for boling eggs) and also one I saw in a Coopers of Stortford booklet I got by " LetsGet Cooking" ( with newpaper I think) the other day. But I am not sure if there are any better.

Thanks again.

deepinthewoods Tue 20-May-14 06:07:40

I didn't know such things existed. What happens at the end of the cooking time? Don't the eggs continue to cook after the power shuts off?

Arriety Tue 20-May-14 07:15:28

Get one of these; they rule! You can boil 4 eggs or poach one, and make your toast at the same time. Disclaimer: I am a kitchen gadget addict blush

NowthenMcmardybum Tue 20-May-14 08:32:01

Oh bum! Now I need one of those. Fecking good housekeeping costing me a fortune grin
<looks at array of zoflora bottles, microfibre cloths and brand new steam mop. Adds egg maker to list>

TheBitterBoy Tue 20-May-14 23:23:19

Oh yes you need one. I have had mine for years and years, but it's from Germany where they all use them, so can't help out with a make to get. I have actually never boiled an egg in a pan and can't imagine why anyone would want to faff about when there is such a fab gadget available!

Princesspond Tue 20-May-14 23:40:06

I think mine is a Bosch one, I've had it for years. I love it as it cooks soft boiled eggs perfectly. Can cook up to six at once. I suspect that they are all pretty similar. The buzzer is very loud, makes me jump when it goes off

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 21-May-14 09:21:18

Now I want one too!

MrsHoolie Sat 24-May-14 00:13:32

I got one in Lidl for about £8. It was a fee months ago.
It's great.
That toaster/egg boiler combo looks amazing!

madasa Sat 24-May-14 11:12:34

I bought one for my parents.
It was still going strong after about 30 years and was used at least once a week...it was brilliant

Frikadellen Sat 24-May-14 21:13:44

we have a cheap one and I blinking love it. it is so easy and straight forward and perfect eggs every time smile.. Ours was from Amazon.

abbiefield Tue 27-May-14 08:50:02

Thanks for all the comments.

I was in Lidl last Saturday and they had an egg cooker �7.99. I dont think it was last weeks offers - maybe the week before, but they had a couple left. So I got one. I tried it out and now everyone in the family can cook the eggs for salad or toast and soldiers. smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now