Baking soda for cleaning kitchen sink?

(9 Posts)
NigellasDealer Wed 21-May-14 09:20:06

yes baking soda is the same as bicarb. You can buy it in bigger boxes for cleaning in savers. OK I just did the white vinegar and soda thing on my oven and it is stunning! hubble bubble toil and trouble!

Gatekeeper Wed 21-May-14 09:17:19

I mixed it with liquid castille soap- made a very good sink and bath cleaner

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 21-May-14 09:14:26

Dab some smart price vinegar on a cloth, it's non-abrasive and destroys limescale.

Rinse with a damp e-cloth and dry.

ZenGardener Wed 21-May-14 00:41:37

Yes, it's the same thing. I've been reading all the things on Unfuck your Habitat that you can clean with it. Will have to pick up a huge tub next time I'm at Costco.

lighteningmcmama Tue 20-May-14 20:51:00

Is baking soda the same thing as bicarbonate of soda?I've just ordered3 kilos on eBay of bicarbonate of soda for cleaning, I wanted to do the oven with it bc I'm.pregnant and so.I don't want to inhale Mr muscle fumes

ZenGardener Mon 19-May-14 22:51:06

Thank you! I will give it a go!

wowfudge Mon 19-May-14 11:54:59

I think you can just use it directly on a damp scouring pad or cloth - it is mildly abrasive. You can mix it with vinegar to clear the plug hole out. It'll fizz like crazy. Put the bicarb down first then the vinegar. Then rinse with water. If you have a bit of a blockage try washing washing soda crystals (not the same thing) and a kettle of freshly boiled water. Great for shifting grease.

ZenGardener Mon 19-May-14 09:52:33

Ps. I meant the sink drain not the actual sink.

ZenGardener Mon 19-May-14 09:51:07

Does anyone do this? How exactly do you do it? Do you mix the baking soda with something first?

I saw people mentioning on here but I wasn't sure about the details and google has given so many different suggestions not sure of the best way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now