Stinky carpet

(7 Posts)
theuncivilservant79 Wed 14-May-14 09:16:42

I've posted about this before. My carpet smells one patch of urine. It's a rental soi can't change it really. I've tried neutradol and shake and vac but they just seem to mask it. Is it worth getting carpets cleaned?

wowfudge Wed 14-May-14 11:26:38

I would say so yes, but see if you can have a chat with a carpet cleaning company before you commit to find out what they would do to deal with it. If it's a really old stain, it may be that the smell will be greatly improved rather than completely removed.

Was it like that when you moved in? If so, speak to the landlord about him/her paying for the cleaning.

mrsmopps Thu 15-May-14 18:22:30

There's a liquid you can get for when pets have had an accident on the carpet called 'pet stain and odour remover' and it's really good. You will find it in pets at home.
It got the smell of cat and DH pee out of my carpets

theuncivilservant79 Fri 16-May-14 21:10:04

Mrsmopps I will be scouring pets at home tomorrow thank you!!

gamerchick Fri 16-May-14 21:12:50

is it in a place you could have a look underneath? If it's soaked right under then cleaning it might make it worse... don't quote me, just something from a kim and aggie program at the back of my brain.

theuncivilservant79 Tue 20-May-14 14:30:17

Mrsmopps I found a johnsons vetinary spray for stains and odours in the range. I think it might have worked!!! Smells like lemon washing up liquid and even if it's just masking the smell it's really nice and it's even restored the colour of the carpet to nearly the right colour. This is my best result yet thank you grin

mrsmopps Wed 21-May-14 13:02:53

glad to be of help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now