What's so good about micro fibre cloths?

(18 Posts)
imip Sun 11-May-14 17:50:57

I use products once a week.

Initially I used an e-mop (amazing) without cleaner for a year. The floors got amazingly slippery. I could only put it down to not cutting through the grease properly (small dcs and v messy ones at that!). So I use method cleaner once a month.

Apart from once a week I use a bottle of water with zoflora (because it smells nice and our house can smell musty). The water is because I find the microfibre clothes work much better when you use a dry cloth and have sprayed down surfaces, once I discovered that, they really came into their own...

e1y1 Sun 11-May-14 12:29:54

I love Microfiber, I could literally not live without it.

I very rarely use them without product, as the chemicals do clean.

If I am doing something very light, like wiping finger prints off the bastard internal glass doors sad then I won't use product, as there cant be that many germs (they mainly need moisture to grow) and in the long run, the glass doors should never be touched, so germs wouldn't really matter (until I do give them a clean with glass cleaner, and even then glass cleaner doesn't contain any anti-bac properties)

However, yes, I do like microfiber.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 11-May-14 12:27:41

www.e-cloth.com/uploads/E-cloth_Bacteria.pdf

Dont know about you but I'm covered in bacteria. From the waist down we are all covered in fecal bacteria.

Busymumto3dc Sun 11-May-14 12:20:23

Hmmm but what about germs?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 11-May-14 10:26:50

No product. Try it wink

Applelicious Sun 11-May-14 10:26:09

Using no product?! shock <twitches>

MinesAPintOfTea Sun 11-May-14 09:50:48

I use them with washing up liquid on the kitchen surfaces but for less mucky parts of the house and windows I just damp them then chuck them in the wash basket when I'm done.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 11-May-14 09:39:55

I buy proper e cloths in tk maxx. Ordinary microfibre didn't work as effectively.

I clean windows with them and everything.

TheBitterBoy Sun 11-May-14 09:32:47

Actually they get stuff just as clean, if not cleaner see here

Busymumto3dc Sun 11-May-14 09:26:07

I don't think it would feel clean without product

imip Sun 11-May-14 09:24:13

Yes, one of the main reasons I use them is bc of my 4 dds eczema. Just trying to reduce the use of irritants in the house (zoflora smells nice, cross reference that with 4 dds).

KatieKaye Sun 11-May-14 09:03:51

I so agree about Zoflora bcos it smells so great! Love the hyacinth one especially.

That's th whole point of microfiber clothes - no cleaning products required. So great if you have allergies, great for the environment and great for your purse.

And you get all sorts of different ones which "feel" quite different. so I've got smooth ones for glass, bobbly ones for units, worktops etc and then a sort of thicker one for stainless steel - it cleans and polishes at the same time and means my hob is bright and shining for minimal effort.

SnapeAndLily Sun 11-May-14 08:58:16

They stick to my eczema and make me look like fcuk's photo.

I put gloves on to use them - but still use products. Might give it a go without and see what happens.

Busymumto3dc Sun 11-May-14 08:54:24

So you don't use any cleaning product?

Fcukfifa Sun 11-May-14 08:29:01

I buy and throw away the cheap cloths instead.

The feel of microfibre cloths make me look like this..

imip Sun 11-May-14 08:25:40

It's cleans and dries at the same time. It cleans very well. I have a spray bottle of water and a bit of zoflora. Spray and wipe... V effective.

They cost a bit (but they used to cost more and were harder to get), but the initial overlay would be outweighed by saving on the cost of cleaner.

They are washable, no need to throw the clothes away for a good while (so mo environmentally friendly).

Just give it a go, it will work, I promise grin.

I despise using normal clothes now, wet and soggy, yuck!

KatieKaye Sun 11-May-14 08:23:33

You don't need to use any chemicals with microfiber cloths.
Different types for different surfaces mean a smear-free finish on stainless steel, quartz, hi-gloss unit doors and glass.
Much less effort needed when using them!
And you can just stick them in the washing machine.

Busymumto3dc Sun 11-May-14 08:20:20

As the title says really?

I normally just but the cheap cleaning clothes 10 for 30p and throw them away often

What's so great about micro fibre?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now