Washing dog bed without filling machine with hair??

(9 Posts)
PassTheCremeEggs Sat 10-May-14 14:59:38

Any super tips on how to wash a labrador's bed without sentencing all future washes to be covered in his hair until the end of time?

Would putting it in an old pillowcase or something help? Or perhaps tumble drying first to get the hairs to stick to the filter?

WildThong Sat 10-May-14 15:02:27

Maybe vacuum it first?

Atbeckandcall Sat 10-May-14 15:02:28

Stick lint roller or Hoover it first. Good idea about the pillow case though

TheSpottedZebra Sat 10-May-14 15:04:30

Or brush it with something rubber - eg rubber brush, dampened rubber glove - to get the hair off.

Or wash it in a bucket?

Catsmamma Sat 10-May-14 15:04:40

i sometimes peg the dog blankets out for a day before putting them in the machine, but I don't think it works..

I try to remember to unfluff the machine after and wash dh's clothes other things like towels afterwards.

You need this
Or an old duvet cover, depending on how large the dog bed is.

RandallFloyd Sat 10-May-14 15:10:03

Can't be done.

Best thing to do is just Hoover the washing machine afterwards.

I leave the door wide open until the drum is completely dry then Hoover it with the brushy nozzle thingy. Works a treat.

PassTheCremeEggs Sat 10-May-14 15:18:35

grin Catsmamma

itiswhatitiswhatitis Sat 10-May-14 15:22:41

I'm with cats mamma and alway do a load of dh's work clothes after. To be fair it's pay back for all the nails, screws, pencils, cable ties that go through my machine and get stuck somewhere and rip my favourite tops angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now