Recommend me some decent looking laundry bins please!

(14 Posts)
HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Tue 06-May-14 10:37:07

Until now, I have had just one wicker laundry basket and all dirty washing goes in that. But to help make the whole laundry process quicker, I think it would be best if I had separate laundry baskets/bins for whites, lights, darks etc. As they will sit in our bedroom, I'd like them to look decent. Any recommendations please? We have walnut type wood furniture, white gloss woodwork, and the room is a mix of neutral colours in taupe, pewter, champagne type colours.

Lioninthesun Tue 06-May-14 13:33:58

I was looking for these not so long ago and found a couple on ebay www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlight+darks+laundry&_nkw=light+darks+laundry&_sacat=0&_from=R40 and Amazon. I got one years ago from IKEA which was white canvas but DD hid in it one too many times and bent the frame hmm
There was meant to be one in Dunelm Mill but they had run out at my local, so I ended up just buying a boring single one so I didn't have to think about it any more! <cop out> Wish I had persevered though as it does make laundry easier!

Lioninthesun Tue 06-May-14 13:35:11

Here is the Amazon one www.amazon.co.uk/Express-Trading-FOLDING-SECTIONS-LAUNDRY/dp/B00IZJFANK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399379497&sr=8-1&keywords=lights+darks+laundry+wicker I personally was looking for a wicker one but only saw one at around £200 from US!

malteser17 Tue 06-May-14 13:36:55

We have this lights and darks sorter from Argos which is awesome: www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8325282.htm

I know that as soon as one of them gets almost full that's a washing load and then it's simply a case of picking up the one that's full and taking it downstairs to put in the washing machine. Okay so it doesn't distinguish between "whites" and "lights" but then neither do I when it comes to washing!

BeCool Tue 06-May-14 16:04:14

I recently brought this faux ratan one - www.lakeland.co.uk/23126/Faux-Rattan-Laundry-Basket

They do a slim version too!!! I found it cheaper elsewhere online and my local Homebase has them too. Also in a lovely dark brown colour though not so widely available.

Very happy with it and the lid can be hinged on either edge to suit. It is quite sturdy and a really good size. I probably could have gone with the slim one.

BeCool Tue 06-May-14 16:05:59

Before this one ^ I had a folding laundry basket for years - but why? What is the point?

For years I looked at it and thought to myself, not once never ever ever were you 'folded'!!! In fact a laundry basket is possibly the "least likely to be folded" item in my flat grin

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Tue 06-May-14 16:13:00

Thanks all. I will get looking!

Coumarin Tue 06-May-14 16:19:58

That Lakeland one is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks BeCool

BeCool Tue 06-May-14 16:31:47

Happy to help!!!
I should add that even though it is <ahem> plastic, it looks great!

Lioninthesun Tue 06-May-14 16:40:20
Lioninthesun Tue 06-May-14 16:42:03

This is the one I liked but couldn't justify the cost! www.graceandgloryhome.co.uk/categories/laundry-room--utility/laundry-basket/

Coumarin Tue 06-May-14 17:56:10

Ah that's fine Becool Nice and easy to wipe and it's only going in the spare room. (do move it when we have people staying.)

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Fri 09-May-14 13:04:10

I really like that john lewis one. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now