Electric hob. How to clean it from burnt food?

(18 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 02-May-14 09:27:58

I have small amount, more like smears, of charcoal eggs white and some soup on the hob. I can't clean it off! Any tips? When I rub it, the brown residue stays on the cloth so I'm hoping I can remove the rest somehow.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 02-May-14 09:28:19

How to clean off burnt food would be better in the title.

Wigglypasta Fri 02-May-14 11:28:28

Have you tried Hob Brite? That works well I find for a sparkly clean hob!

BorisJohnsonsHairdresser Fri 02-May-14 11:31:30

I have this problem too, burnt on rice water and milk that had over spilled. Hob brite doesn't get rid, I go round and round with it as per the instructions. I am too scared to take a scourer to the hob in case I damage it. So it ends up getting used again and further burnt on.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 02-May-14 13:27:18

Boris that is exactly what's happening here.

wriggly i will try that. I have been using Astonish Professional and nada.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 02-May-14 13:27:43

Maybe there is some homemade trick, like soda? confused

BorisJohnsonsHairdresser Fri 02-May-14 13:34:46

Someone must have the answer. Have you tried scraping with a knife or scourer?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 02-May-14 13:45:21

I'm not scraping anything with the knife! The scourer does not work anymore since it's dark hard charcoal hmm

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 02-May-14 13:45:47

hmm Was at what it become not at you, Boris.

captaincake Fri 02-May-14 14:36:44

A second vote for hob brite. I used it when I had an electric hob and found it worked very well.

I have this and Hob Brite does not work. I might try the dishwasher tablet trick used for oven door glass next.

BorisJohnsonsHairdresser Fri 02-May-14 18:35:13

What is the dishwasher tablet trick?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 02-May-14 22:40:14

Bumping for the late night crowd.

I've read it on here. You dampen the end of a dishwasher tablet and rub it on the glass of the oven door to clean it.

specialsubject Sat 03-May-14 13:47:53

bicarb of soda, a washing up scrubber thing and elbow grease.

mrsmopps Sun 04-May-14 20:16:15

I use a sponge scourer and 'bar keepers friend' on mine when food gets burnt on. You need a fair bit of elbow grease too!

Sandthorn Sun 04-May-14 21:49:16

Have you tried a paste of cream of tartar? It worked on the black crap round the chrome of my toaster.

PinkSquash Sun 04-May-14 21:53:33

The dishwasher tablet works! I use a Tesco value tablet, dampen it and rub it over gently. It cleans off all the marks that hob brite didn't touch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now