Doing a big clear out at the moment. Anyone else?

(7 Posts)
floraldora Thu 24-Apr-14 14:50:56

We just seem to have so much 'stuff' LOL.

There are 5 of us, and although our house is tidy and doesn't look cluttered as such, we all have far too many clothes/shoes/coats that we no longer wear. The two youngest have toys that they have outgrown. And the kitchen cupboards are a bit full of 'things that might come in useful one day' but never have grin

So...I've been getting rid of one bag full of 'stuff' per day; whether it's a bag of clothes going to the charity shop, or a bag of coathangers to go into the recycling, or whatever. I've also sold loads of bits and pieces on Ebay in the past 2 weeks. Tomorrow I have a lady from a local selling FB page coming to pick up a big bag of DS's clothes that he's grown out of. Might also do a boot sale stall at some point next month too.

Is anyone else currently doing a big clear out? Anyone got any good tips/ideas to share?

yegodsandlittlefishes Thu 24-Apr-14 14:57:25

Well done!

I am doing a bulk cook, but I was meaning to do a big clear out. We certainly need it. I should start with the landslide heap of stuff I didnt gwt around to taking to the charity shop last time I had a clear out! So my top tip is get rid of it as you.clear - don't store it. Now I've given myself more work to do. I feel like going back to bed though.

starfishmummy Thu 24-Apr-14 15:06:01

Trying to but still school holidays here so not getting far.

School have one of these clothing collections the day they go back so hoping to get some stuff sopted for that.

starfishmummy Thu 24-Apr-14 15:08:10

Yegods I find that I end up with bags waiting to "go" too. Currently have one of books for a friend and another for the charity shop when I have time.

floraldora Thu 24-Apr-14 15:51:44

I'm lucky because we have a charity shop very near by, and it's right near the local Asda too. So each time I pop to Asda I can easily pop into the charity shop next door with a bag of clothes. There is also a clothing bank in the grounds of the DCs school, although I do prefer to give the clothes to the shop if possible, as it's a lovely shop, and they never overcharge for anything.

Nocomet Thu 24-Apr-14 16:13:41

I've been having a clear out, good stuff to the children's hospice, junk to bags for school.

DD2 has final cleared out her book case, so I'm going to see if they are any use to the primary school library, then the charity book shop.

Horrid job as I keep finding soft toys wearing baby clothes and it brings back too many memories. Especially as DD2 is annoying unsoppy.

marne2 Thu 24-Apr-14 16:18:20

I took 2 huge black bags of clothes to the clothes bank today, has made lots of space in my bedroom, did dd2's bedroom a few weeks ago too and got rid of 3 bags of rubbish. Hoping to get rid of some more junk before I start painting and wallpapering next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now