If you have/had a Miele washing machine

(8 Posts)
murphys Thu 24-Apr-14 11:47:11

How long have you had it or how long did you old one last?

I have one, it wasn't taking the water in correctly so the Miele man came out and said it was in the inlet valve. Not a huge cost so he replaced it there and then. Its working fine now.

While he was here I asked him to check the hours it has currently done, so I could gauge whether its close to the end of its lifespan soon or not.

Its done 9980 hours worth of washing! We have had it for 16 years. The Miele man tells me that its not close to end of its life as he has worked on machines that have 18000 - 20000 hours of use.

I should have Googled before he came as when I looked it appears that the average hours they test for is 10 000 for 20 year lifespan.

So although mine seems fine, I am not sure how much longer it will last without giving other problems, so I think I am going to have to start putting a little away to afford a new replacement when the time comes.

So if the Miele man has been to you, what hours had you logged? grin

magimedi Thu 24-Apr-14 12:08:42

Haven't had my hours logged, but the machine is 15 years old & has had 3 house moves & is fine.

I had a Miele dishwasher (that I left in a house we moved from) that was 21 years old & still going strong.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Thu 24-Apr-14 12:19:04

I've only had my w/machine and dishwasher for about seven or eight years (I didn't know you could check how many hours they've done). Had the vacuum cleaner longer - about 15 years I think. All relative youngsters, it seems grin

The dishwasher and w/machine both came with 10 yr guarantees, that told me a lot about the confidence of the manufacturer in its products. I can honestly say all of them are the best appliances I've ever bought - reliable and efficient and never had any problems with any of them (unlike some other brands in the past). Feel really confident they will all last for many, many years to come.

murphys Thu 24-Apr-14 12:47:06

If they come to do a service (which we never have done) they link up an infrared sensor to the part on the front where the pc light is. Then you can see its whole history. He checked if its spins correctly (which it does) if the water temp was correct (which it was) - I was quite impressed bearing in mind that it is 16 years old with that technology inside wink.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Thu 24-Apr-14 12:53:16

Thanks, Murphys, interesting to know!
If my Miele man ever has to come, I'll let you know the results!! smile

iggymama Thu 24-Apr-14 18:36:11

My Miele wm is ten years old and never had any problems.

I have estimated if I do 6 hours of washing per week then we are only just over 3000 hours. There is only me and one DS, plus I tend to use the quick wash for most things.

Hopefully many years of life left yet.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 26-Apr-14 23:03:39

13 years and still going strong. The drier lasted 12 years which was good going.

JayBee93 Fri 02-May-14 23:14:59

I have a miele washing machine which is 8 years old had to have the door seal relaced (dog ate it) and the pump replaced (full of tarmac gunge) although regularly cleaned its done 18000 hours in 8 years and is still going strong the dryer is also miele and is 29 years old still going strong smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now