Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Sun cream stains!

(7 Posts)
4littleones Sat 19-Apr-14 12:11:06

I am pretty good at getting general stains out of clothes. but not sun cream! All the kids summer clothes end up with horrible grubby marks on their collars etc from the sun cream.

I've hung in the sun, used vanish, nappy San etc and nothing works. Most of the clothes from last summer are useless if I don't get them out and some were only worn once or twice sad all our other clothes go through our children and then on to the next child after as we generally keep stuff nice.

so I'm a bit gutted really. sad

Nocomet Sat 19-Apr-14 12:17:14

I don't know anything that will shift it. If you want your DDs to wear something pretty on a summers day you put sun cream on well before you get them dressed and you don't put any more on.

You absolutely never ever let them put sun cream on themselves.

On holiday nice dresses are kept for evenings only.

4littleones Sat 19-Apr-14 12:21:47

no they never do it themselves. All 6 and under. I put on first thing when in underwear and then get them to get dressed before we leave the house. But on a really hot day it needs reapplying. plus they sweat and the cream comes off the skin onto the clothes sad

even their school summer dresses have done it. such a waste!

PartyFops Sat 19-Apr-14 12:27:53

I have this problem too! I have been doing some early re search into different creams that may help me with this one.

I bought a boots own stay dry cream spray, its only factor 30 but I suspect that's enough for a British Summer grin. It goes on and literally disappears! My fingers are crossed.

Nocomet Sat 19-Apr-14 12:28:13

School dresses you ignore, they never stay clean. Ours were covered in witeboard marker which is also impossible to shift.

Apart from them Im afraid I just stick children in tatty clothes if it's very sunny.

If it's only a bit sunny I don't bother with sun cream, both DCs burn less easily than I do.

crockydoodle Sun 20-Apr-14 17:59:00

I had those orange suncream marks on dh white shirt collar lasr summer. I used ariel stain remover and left to sit overnight then washed in bio ariel and stains were gone

Megbeth Mon 21-Apr-14 12:54:56

Try spraying stain with a grease & oil stain remover before washing with biological washing liquid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now