stuffy room at night

(8 Posts)
sacbina Sat 19-Apr-14 08:00:43

anyone got any tips for de-stuffing (is that a thing?) a room at night.....apart from opening a window as dh gets woken very easily by all the noises round here.

we have the door open, no heating on, open window during the day

is a plant a good idea, or dehumidifier?
TIA

WillieWEggledEgger Sat 19-Apr-14 08:19:28

Well I think it's bound to get stuffy really if you don't have the window open, but then I would say that because I have the window open practically every night of the year. Can you have a window open in a nearby room instead (landing?)?

Do you have uPVC windows so they're quite airtight? Some of them have 'trickle vents' I think

sacbina Sat 19-Apr-14 08:42:28

old style upvc, no trickle vents
we don't live in the kind of place you can leave any window open, even a tiddly bit hmm

Sandthorn Sat 19-Apr-14 19:27:03

We have to tread the same line, and we've already swapped sides of the bed so I'm on the window side, and we have two single duvets so I can have a lighter one. He has accepted that stagnant air disrupts my sleep as much as noise disrupts his, so if if it's too noisy for him, he wears earplugs.

4littleones Mon 21-Apr-14 11:38:54

can you leave the windows open right up till you go to bed and then open them again in the morning? with the door open I wouldn't think it would get too stuffy?

sacbina Mon 21-Apr-14 15:36:21

if I'm in the house the windows are open. but cannot leave them open even a tiny bit if we're out.

its my mum who keeps telling me to get a plant, but I'm not convinced!

hiddenhome Mon 21-Apr-14 23:04:10

Try an ioniser smile

dizhin79 Tue 22-Apr-14 02:46:19

peace lily's are air purifiers, they like a shady spot too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now