Will a Meile stand the rough treatment that my Henry Hoover takes?

(5 Posts)

I bought a Henry Hoover about a year ago. It's ok but I'm not convinced the floors feel as clean as they should, it's also blooming heavy which is an issue for various reasons.

The good thing with HH is that it will hoover up anything at all, 2 of the DC's still leave a mess under the table after meal times so it sucks up great chunks of food, play dough, ash from the fire place (when the DC's got in there and flung it about), scraps of paper and other art stuff. It also gets wheeled up the garden path when I clean out the car.

Will this kill a Meile? or will it be fine?

PigletJohn Fri 04-Apr-14 13:02:44

If you want to suck up paper, socks and ash, I think you ought to keep a canister vac for rough work. I keep one in the garage.

The new Mieles are very light (ours is old and heavy) but there is nothing better for household work.

olbasoil Fri 04-Apr-14 14:23:18

I have a Henry for the "rough" work but a Miele for deep cleaning.

I did wonder about keeping the HH for the rough work. It feels a bit decedent having two hoovers but it might save my back in the long run.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Apr-14 23:45:28

Get a Miele, you will wonder why you ever thought a Henry was good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now