Miele vac - are any non-Miele bags OK?

(13 Posts)

There are compatible bags all over the interweb, at a range of prices, but can anybody recommend any of them, please?

If not, where are the cheapest actual Miele bags?

(I've just ordered one box via amazon Prime, having suddenly got down to my last one, but am looking ahead)

colette Thu 03-Apr-14 19:24:33

I buy them off ebay - various sellers. All been fine

Thanks, colette

this site has 'cloth' bags at 20 for 13.40 (vs 4 for £8 best price anywhere for genuine bags)

Do you reckon they would be ok? 'Cloth' sounds reassuring!

TimeForAnotherNameChange Fri 04-Apr-14 11:13:31

I think they'll be fine, I use a similar ebay supplier for microfibre bags for my Cat&Dog. But don't buy paper bags, I had a bad experience with paper, they split no matter what the suction.

PigletJohn Fri 04-Apr-14 12:57:00

The white or silver synthetic ones are much better than the brown paper ones.

Keep a small stock of clean filters. You can wash them.

This same query came up a couple of days ago, have a look.

well the 20 pack comes with 8 filters so no need to wash them (although I have done in the past)

white 'cloth' ones ok, you think, PJ?

PigletJohn Fri 04-Apr-14 13:08:17

"Cloth" is an odd name for the ones I use, they are a soft white microporous material, in several layers, feels almost silky. I wouldn't use the old fashioned cotton bags granny used to have.

Our Miele has three filters of different types, yours may be different.

Mine has 2 - one smooth, one sort of grainy. I can't open the holder for the sort-of-grainy one though! 8 would be 4 of each anyway (a box from Miele has 1 of each for 4 bags)

I think they are saying cloth to indicate that they're not paper. the image looks like the actual Miele bags (did you look at it?)

PigletJohn Fri 04-Apr-14 13:24:35

I looked at the picture and they look like the porous white ones.

I will probably risk it (though at the rate I generally do hoovering my new box of 4 will last a few months!)

Thanks for advice, all smile

Proclean Sun 06-Apr-14 21:43:30

In my cleaning service we use Miele vacs and since we get through so many bags we always use the cheaper version (from curries) instead of the actual Miele brand bags.

They are just fine! never had a problem!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now