In praise of PigletJohn

(85 Posts)
Giraffeski Sat 29-Mar-14 16:45:13

I would just like to say,
PIGLETJOHN, HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH STUFF?

I am in awe of your amazing general knowledge and would just like to say thank you for all the amazing advice you give on these boards.
I always think, PigletJohn will know the answer to this. And lo and behold, you always do!

So, thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

MilestoneMum Sat 29-Mar-14 20:45:53

I have lurked him long time!

But I fear I have incurred his wrath as DH has recently had our boiler put in the loft...wink

MrsJamin Sat 29-Mar-14 21:12:39

I love pigletjohn too! So great to have someone so knowledgeable on mn.

Giraffeski btw have you thought about bypassing the thermostat and get a tado system? I love mine.

Giraffeski Sat 29-Mar-14 21:13:34

At the moment I am thinking more about smashing it in with a hammer.

He is so kind to take the time to answer all the DIY questions, all free of charge. I really appreciate it.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 29-Mar-14 21:26:48

"At the moment I am thinking more about smashing it in with a hammer."

I am far from PJ's level of expertise, but I'm going to suck my teeth and say, "that'll cost ya."

grin

poshme Sat 29-Mar-14 21:29:35

Yes! I love PJ too.
Such Sensible advice. Sensible.
Well thought. Careful
And yet, amusing. Web chat would be great. - a special plumbing/ heating/ DIY questions web chat.

poshme Sat 29-Mar-14 21:30:22

And piglet- do you have kids? Do you also read all the patenting stuff?

GoodnessIsThatTheTime Sat 29-Mar-14 21:32:25

I thought he was a she.... I'd assumed "he" but corrected on one thread. Am I wrong again!

He has been SO right about damp and tumble dryers etc. I've often passed on that advice. Also useful re electric heating.

I'll join the fan club, and echo the curiosity about his day job... Sureyor? owner of building company?

LookHowTheyShineForYou Sat 29-Mar-14 21:35:27

He is a plumber if I remember correctly.

hugoagogo Sat 29-Mar-14 21:37:42

He is wonderful.

But can he answer me this: Can I park in the Deep carpark and just go into Hull for the day or will I be in big trouble?

Lozislovely Sat 29-Mar-14 21:40:29

I luffs Pj grin every woman needs him in their life - but is there enough of him to go round??? wink

HeartShapedStone Sat 29-Mar-14 21:41:01

How many plumbers choose to hand out free (exceptionally useful) advice in their free time though? I have no idea what his motivation is but agree he is amazing! grin

He fixed my dishwasher as well and I've found other useful info on many other threads that he's chosen to comment on.

Thank you so much Piglet thanks

figgypuddings Sat 29-Mar-14 21:46:07

thanks PigletJohn.

You have saved many of us a fortune with your brilliant advice.

HanSolo Sat 29-Mar-14 22:13:21

He is so very helpful, and unfailingly polite. PigletJohn, you are an asset to MN. smile

magimedi Sat 29-Mar-14 22:36:12

I thought everybody knew I run a therapeutic massage service in Hull?

And he has a wonderful sense of humor.

[flowers} PJ for making me snort with laughter!

shoom Sat 29-Mar-14 22:38:03

Me too
thanks
cake

malalam Sat 29-Mar-14 22:39:44

I would like to know the story behind PigletJohn's nickname.

thornrose Sat 29-Mar-14 22:44:08

I remember getting defensive and snippy when I first read one of his comments about drying washing indoors. He was right of course and responded in a polite but firm way grin

WetAugust Sun 30-Mar-14 00:13:32

Because of PigletJohn I have a bathroom that is completely free of condensation - regardless of how long DS spends in the shower because I have the massive extractor fan in my loft, that PigletJohn recommeded.

PigletJohn, you are a MN treasure!

thanks

lessonsintightropes Sun 30-Mar-14 00:30:39

All hail PigletJohn cake, wine, flowers.

I came across your advice when my sis and I both worked out we were posting on Property/DIY and recognised each others posts! She mentioned to watch out for your advice particularly around plumbing and I've never seen a duff piece of advice. You've saved a lot of us a lot of time, hassle and money. Thank you!

PigletJohn is my most favourite person on MN. He has saved me a fortune, and his recent recommendation for BAL powder tile adhesive was just the best wine

truelymadlysleepy Mon 31-Mar-14 08:20:27

Me too PJ, I hang on your every word thanks

Kleptronic Mon 31-Mar-14 08:24:18

Thanks PigletJohn.

LineRunner Mon 31-Mar-14 08:29:57

And you were right about replacing the valve in the toilet cistern, PJ, as you are right about everything. grin

Abra1d Mon 31-Mar-14 08:31:04

PigletJohn is my MN crush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now