Is a 55cm cooker ok for a family of 5?

(6 Posts)
minkersmum Tue 25-Mar-14 10:47:29

We currently have a 60cm one that needs replaced. I have found one I LOVE but it only comes in a 55cm. Will I miss the 5CM?

I'm sure my friend has one but she is at work so thought I'd ask you peeps in the meantime!

The cooker is so nice. All others were just whatever but when I saw this it made me go all gooey!! grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 25-Mar-14 15:00:35

I doubt there's much difference tbh <helpful>

ChablisChic Tue 25-Mar-14 15:28:08

I'd just say, check your roasting tins fit first! I left my gorgeous 60cm fitted oven behind in my last house, and my biggest roasting tin won't fit into our new oven.

minkersmum Tue 25-Mar-14 16:25:31

Thanks guys! Have already thought I might take my big Macaroni Cheese dish in to the shop and try it out!! blush

anklebitersmum Wed 26-Mar-14 11:02:46

Is it a double oven? That will make a difference. We're suffering a 55cm at the moment and doing a big roast is a positive pain in the posterior.
I'd second taking a selection of trays and don't forget trying pans on the top too. We can't fit more than one of our 9l pans on the top of ours properly-they invade the pan space of the other hobs so you end up having to corner to corner with one big pan and a double stacked steamer.

PolterGoose Wed 26-Mar-14 20:43:17

Which cooker is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now