Sofabeds - do mattress toppers for them exist?

(3 Posts)
CookiecutterShark Sun 23-Mar-14 21:08:09

We have a sofa bed which isn't awful to sleep on as long as it's only for a couple of nights, but has such a thin mattress (it's a metal action, trampoline style bed) that it's not comfy for any longer.

I have someone coming to stay who will have to sleep on it for a week and I want her to be as comfy as possible. I've been having a look at mattress toppers, but don't seem to be able to find any to fit a sofabed (170 x 115 cm). I want one which doesn't need to roll away in the sofabed (I can keep it in the cupboard upstairs) but is really comfy. I don't want a whole extra mattress to add to it - though I may do this if needs be... Does such a mattress topper even exist?!

Thanks

woodlandwanderwoman Sun 23-Mar-14 21:11:24

I would add a hollow fibre duvet under a couple of sheets as long as it's hypo allergenic (so not too hot). Seems a waste of money buying a mattress topper but a duvet is something you either may have spare already or can always use again.

CookiecutterShark Mon 24-Mar-14 23:40:18

Yes, you're right. It's a bit pointless if a spare duvet will do the trick. Might buy a new one for the week then 'steal' it for our bed - everybody wins grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now