Washing machine delayed timer help.

(13 Posts)
jacksonfifty Fri 21-Mar-14 21:01:54

DH came home all proud recently having bought and arranged delivery of our new washing machine after the old one gave up the ghost. It arrived this morning and already I hate it. It's an Indesit eco model and the drum is far too small for us and 3 DC without washing all day every day. Which I can't do because I can't get the thing to start. It seems to be setting to a 3 hour delay but then making a noise and not starting. It doesn't even come on after 3 hours. Does anyone know how I can stop the delayed start? I would kill DH for ruining my new washing machine dream (12 years I've waited for a new machine!) but I can't because I don't want to risk getting my clothes dirty - it's not like I can wash them after all. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Losthearts Fri 21-Mar-14 21:59:34

Have you looked in the handbook? Do you have the make and model? A lot of handbooks are now online

Losthearts Fri 21-Mar-14 22:01:11

Press the time delay button until the light goes off

Losthearts Fri 21-Mar-14 22:01:59
Mintyy Fri 21-Mar-14 22:02:26

This is one of those occasions when you really need to google it.

PickleMobile Fri 21-Mar-14 22:03:59

Just read the booklet?

jacksonfifty Sat 22-Mar-14 08:30:02

Obviously I've read the booklet and looked online - it says to press the button 5 times to remove timer delay but this doesn't work. I have googled and just found the same answers. I was more wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Do people really think I'd ask here without trying everything possible myself first?
Thanks anyway.

MrsBennetsEldest Sat 22-Mar-14 08:32:31

Send it back. Tell them it's faulty and then get a machine you do want.

gobbin Sat 22-Mar-14 09:23:50

...and next time don't let DH anywhere near the choosing and buying!!!

Losthearts Sun 23-Mar-14 08:21:02

Keep your finger on the button for a couple of seconds

specialsubject Sun 23-Mar-14 16:21:03

it sounds faulty! The new electronic control panels are harder to make than switches and dials and you've got a duff one.

send it back.

PigletJohn Sun 23-Mar-14 17:07:07

have you phoned the maker's helpline?

Tryingtobetidy Tue 25-Mar-14 22:37:43

Did you get it sorted?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now